130 CHF CHF 130.00
BVT-0036-M0011 mgCHF 130.00
|Synonyms||Geliomycin; Heliomycin; Itamycin; 3,5,7,10-Tetrahydroxy-1,1,9-trimethyl-1H-benzo-[cd]pyrene-2,6-dione|
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from Streptomyces sp.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥98% (HPLC)|
|Appearance||Yellow to orange solid.|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO or methanol.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR.|
|Declaration||Manufactured by BioViotica.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C.
After reconstitution protect from light at -20°C.
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Antibacterial (Gram-positive and mycobacteria) and antiviral.
- RNA polymerase inhibitor.
- Anticancer compound. Apoptosis inducer.
- Effects of the antibiotic resistomycin on the synthesis of macromolecules: I. Haupt, et al.; Z. Allg. Mikrobiol. 156, 411 (1975)
- 3-Alkanoyl-5-hydroxymethyl tetronic acid homologues and resistomycin: new inhibitors of HIV-1 protease. I. Fermentation, isolation and biological activity: B.E. Roggo, et al.; J. Antibiot. 47, 136 (1994)
- Effects of polyphenolic anthrone derivatives, resistomycin and hypericin, on apoptosis in human megakaryoblastic leukemia CMK-7 cell line: Y. Shiono et al.; Z. Naturforsch. 57c, 923 (2002)
- Assessment of resistomycin, as an anticancer compound isolated and characterized from Streptomyces aurantiacus AAA5: R. Vijayabharathi, et al.; J. Microbiol. 49, 920 (2011)