Bafilomycin A1 (high purity)
BVT-0252-C100100 µgCHF 110.00
BVT-0252-M0011 mgCHF 280.00
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from Streptomyces griseus.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥98% (HPLC)|
|Appearance||White to off-white powder.|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO (100mg/ml), 100% ethanol (5mg/ml) or methanol (5mg/ml).|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR.|
|Declaration||Manufactured by BioViotica.|
|Other Product Data||
Note: We recommend not to use ethanol or methanol as solvent whenever possible. In prescence of trace amounts of acids both solvents can potentially chemical react with Bafilomycin A1 and cause degradation or esterification of the compound.
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
|Handling Advice||Protect from light when in solution.|
Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C.
After reconstitution protect from light at -20°C.
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Macrolide antibiotic.
- Specific vacuolar-type H+-ATPase inhibitor.
- Distinguishes among different types of ATPases.
- Inhibitor of endosomal, lysosomal and vacuolar acidification.
- Prevents lysosomal Ca2+ uptake.
- Inhibitor of autophagic degradation by rising pH and thus inactivating the lysosomal acid hydrolases.
- Metabolic products of microorganisms. 224. Bafilomycins, a new group of macrolide antibiotics. Production, isolation, chemical structure and biological activity: G. Werner, et al.; J. Antibiot. 37, 110 (1984)
- Bafilomycins: a class of inhibitors of membrane ATPases from microorganisms, animal cells, and plant cells: E.J. Bowman, et al.; PNAS 85, 7972 (1988)
- Inhibition of osteoclast proton transport by bafilomycin A1 abolishes bone resorption: K. Sundqui, et al.; BBRC 168, 309 (1990)
- Kinetic studies of chromaffin granule H+-ATPase and effects of bafilomycin A1: H. Hanada, et al.; BBRC 170, 873 (1990)
- Bafilomycin A1 inhibits the targeting of lysosomal acid hydrolases in cultured hepatocytes: K. Oda, et al.; BBRC 178, 369 (1991)
- Bafilomycin A1, a specific inhibitor of vacuolar-type H(+)-ATPase, inhibits acidification and protein degradation in lysosomes of cultured cells: T. Yoshimori, et al.; J. Biol. Chem. 266, 17707 (1991)
- Bafilomycin A1, a specific inhibitor of vacuolar-type H(+)-ATPase, blocks lysosomal cholesterol trafficking in macrophages: T. Furuchi, et al.; J. Biol. Chem. 268, 27345 (1993)
- Cell-type and amyloid precursor protein-type specific inhibition of A beta release by bafilomycin A1, a selective inhibitor of vacuolar ATPases: J. Knops, et al.; J. Biol. Chem. 270, 2419 (1995)
- Autophagy, bafilomycin and cell death: the "a-B-cs" of plecomacrolide-induced neuroprotection: J.J. Shacka, et al.; Autophagy 2, 228 (2006), (Review)
- Bafilomycin A1-sensitive pathway is required for the maturation of cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator: T. Okiyoneda, et al.; Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1763, 1017 (2006)
- Ectopic vesicular neurotransmitter release along sensory axons mediates neurovascular coupling via glial calcium signaling: A. Thyssen, et al.; PNAS 107, 15258 (2010)
- Low-dose Bafilomycin attenuates neuronal cell death associated with autophagy-lysosome pathway dysfunction: V.N. Pivtoraiko, et al.; J. Neurochem. 114, 1193 (2010)
- Alterations in osteoclast function and phenotype induced by different inhibitors of bone resorption -implications for osteoclast quality: A.V. Neutzsky-Wulff, et al.; BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders 11, 109 (2010)
- Rapid recycling of Ca2+ between IP3-sensitive stores and lysosomes: C.I. Lopez Sanjurjo, et al.; PLoS One 9, e111275/1 (2014)
- Bafilomycin A1 inhibits autophagy and induces apoptosis in MG63 osteosarcoma cells: Z. Xie, et al.; Mol. Med. Rep. 10, 1103 (2014)
- Comparison of the chemoimmunotherapeutic effect of doxorubicin and bafilomycin-A1 in mouse neuroblastoma cells: S. Inoue, et al.; Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. Cancer & Chemotherapy 41, 617 (2014)
- Suppression of influenza A virus replication in human lung epithelial cells by noncytotoxic concentrations Bafilomycin A1: B. Y, et al.; Am. J. Physiol. Lung Cell Mol. Physiol. 308, L270 (2015)
- Bafilomycin A1 targets both autophagy and apoptosis pathways in pediatric B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia: N. Yuan, et al.; Haematologica 100, 345 (2015)
- The protective effect of bafilomycin A1 against cobalt nanoparticle-induced cytotoxity and aseptic inflammation in macrophages in vitro: S. Wang, et al.; Biol. Trace Elem. Res. (2015)
- Suppression of influenza A virus replication in human lung epithelial cells by noncytotoxic concentrations Bafilomycin A1: B. Yeganeh, et al.; Am. J. Physiol. 308, L270 (2015)
- Age-dependent changes in synaptic plasticity enhance tau oligomerization in the mouse hippocampus: T. Kimura, et al.; Acta Neuropathol. Comm. 5, 67 (2017)
- Molecular mechanisms of Streptococcus pneumoniae-targeted autophagy via pneumolysin, Golgi-resident Rab41, and Nedd4-1 mediated K63-linked ubiquitination: M. Ogawa, et al.; Cell Microbiol., ahead of print (2018)