BVT-0399-M0011 mgCHF 100.00
|Synonyms||Setomimicin; AM-2947; Antibiotic A 39183B; BRN 5202658|
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from Streptomyces aurantiacus JA 4570.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥97% (HPLC)|
|Solubility||Soluble in chloroform, dichloromethane or DMSO. Poorly soluble in water.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR.|
|Declaration||Manufactured by BioViotica.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
|Handling Advice||Keep cool and dry.|
Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C.
After reconstitution protect from light at -20°C.
|Product Specification Sheet|
- 9,9`-Bianthryl polyketide derivative.
- Active against Gram-positive bacteria including mycobacteria.
- Bacterial cell wall synthesis inhibitor.
- Antitumor compound.
- A new antibiotic, setomimycin, produced by a strain of Streptomyces: S. Omura, et al.; J. Antibiotics 31, 1091 (1978)
- Structure and biosynthesis of setomimycin, a novel 9,9`-bianthryl antibiotic: K. Kakinuma, et al.; JACS 102, 7493 (1980)
- Bioactive Secondary Metabolites from Marine and Terrestrial Bacteria: Isoquinolinequinones, Bacterial Compounds with a Novel Pharmacophor: M. Shabaan; Dissertation Univ. Göttingen (2004) (Setomimycin isolation, Spectral data)