BVT-0463-M0011 mgCHF 60.00
BVT-0463-M0055 mgCHF 210.00
BVT-0463-M01010 mgCHF 380.00
|Synonyms||3-Acetyl-1,5-dihydro-4-hydroxy-5-(1-methylpropyl)-2H-pyrrol-2-one; 3-Acetyl-5-sec-butyltetramic acid; Vivotoxin; AAC-toxin|
|Merck Index||14: 9149|
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from Alternaria alternate.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥98% (HPLC, NMR)|
|Appearance||Brownish viscous oil.|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO, methanol, acetone or dichloromethane.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR and MS. The 1H-NMR in CDCl3 shows a mixture of two tautomers as part of an equilibrium.|
|Declaration||Manufactured by BioViotica.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||+4°C|
|Handling Advice||Protect from light.|
Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at +4°C.
Store solutions at -20°C in the dark.
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Mycotoxin. Tremorgenic toxin.
- Exhibits antibacterial, antiviral, insecticidal and antitumor activity.
- Phytotoxic agent. New type of photosystem II inhibitor.
- Protein synthesis inhibitor in vitro by suppression of the release of newly formed proteins from the ribosomes.
- Antitubercular agent. Active against Mycobacteria.
- Inhibits TPA-induced ornithine decarboxylase (ODC) activity in mice. Suppressed mouse skin tumor promotion.
- Metabolites of Alternaria tenius auct.: The structure of tenuazonic acid: C.E. Stickings; Biochem. J. 72, 332 (1959)
- The biological activity of Tenuazonic acid: H.T. Shigeura & C.N. Gordon; Biochem. 2, 1132 (1963)
- Antiviral activity of Tenuazonic acid: F.A. Miller, et al.; Nature 200, 1338 (1963)
- Discovery of inhibitory activity of tenuazonic acid for growth of human adenocarcinoma-1: E.A. Kaczka, et al.; BBRC 14, 54 (1964)
- Antitumor, cytotoxic, and antibacterial activities of tenuazonic acid and congeneric tetramic acids: C.O. Gitterman; J. Med. Chem. 8, 483 (1965)
- Influence of inhibitors of protein synthesis on interferon formation in mice. II. Comparison of effects of glutarimide antibiotics and tenuazonic acid: J.S. Youngner; Virology 40, 335 (1970)
- Microbial metabolites with insecticidal properties: M. Cole & G.N. Rolinson; Appl. Microbiol. 24, 660 (1972)
- Crystal structure of copper bis(tenuazonate) monohydrate: A. Dippenaar, et al.; J. Cryst. Mol. Struct. 7, 189 (1977)
- Inhibition of mouse skin tumor promotion by tenuazonic acid: M. Antony, et al.; Cancer Lett. 61, 21 (1991)
- Spectrometric studies on stability of tenuazonic acid (TeA) solution in organic solvents: M. Combina, et al.; Mycotoxin Res. 14, 54 (1998)
- Identification of tenuazonic acid as a novel type of natural photosystem II inhibitor binding in QB-site of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii: S. Chen, et al.; Biochim. Biophys. Acta, Bioener. 1767, 306 (2007)
- Chloroplastic oxidative burst induced by tenuazonic acid, a natural photosynthesis inhibitor, triggers cell necrosis in Eupatorium adenophorum Spreng: S. Chen, et al.; Biochim. Biophys. Acta, Bioener.1797, 391 (2010)
- Tenuazonic acid: a promising antitubercular principle from Alternaria alternata: V. Sonaimuthu, et al.; Microbiol. Res. 2, 63 (2010)
- Inhibition of marine biofouling by bacterial quorum sensing inhibitors: S. Dobretsov, et al.; Biofouling 27, 893 (2011)
- In vivo assessment of effect of phytotoxin tenuazonic acid on PSII reaction centers: S. Chen, et al.; Plant Physiol. Biochem. 84, 10 (2014)
- Mycotoxins from Alternaria: toxicological implications: C. Dall'Asta, et al.; Adv. Mol. Toxicol. 8, 107 (2014)