Bafilomycin D (high purity)
BVT-0475-M0011 mgCHF 210.00
|Synonyms||Tubamycin; Antibiotic 3D5|
|Source/Host Chemicals||Semi-synthetic product formed from Bafilomycin B1.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥98% (HPLC)|
|Appearance||Off-white to yellow solid.|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO, 100% ethanol, methanol, acetone or dichloromethane.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR.|
|Declaration||Manufactured by BioViotica.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
|Handling Advice||Protect from light when in solution.|
Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C.
After reconstitution protect from light at -20°C.
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Macrolide antibiotic. Bafilomycin derivative, in which the characteristic hemiketal portion has been opened.
- Potent and specific vacuolar-type H+-ATPase inhibitor (V-ATPase).
- Antiproliferative agent against selected human glioma cell lines.
- Cytoxic activity. Active against Gram-positive bacteria and plant pathogen fungi.
- Shows weak insecticidal and anti-nematodic activity.
- The structures of novel insecticidal macrolides: bafilomycins D and E, and oxohygrolidin: A. Kretschmer, et al.; Agric. Biol. Chem. 49, 2509 (1985)
- Inhibitory effect of modified bafilomycins and concanamycins on P- and V-type adenosinetriphosphatases: S. Droese, et al.; Biochem. 32, 3902 (1993)
- Bafilolides, potent inhibitors of the motility and development of the free-living stages of parasitic nematodes: E. Lacey, et al.; Int. J. Parasitol. 25, 349 (1995)
- Bafilomycins and concanamycins as inhibitors of V-ATPases and P-ATPases: S. Droese & K. Altendorf; J. Exp. Biol. 200, 1 (1997)
- Absolute configurations of macrolide antibiotics of the bafilomycin and leucanicidin groups: M. G. O'Shea, et al.; J. Antibiot. 50, 1073 (1997)
- Bafilomycins and odoriferous sesquiterpenoids from Streptomyces albolongus isolated from Elephas maximus feces: N. Ding, et al.; J. Nat. Prod. 79, 799 (2016)
- Bioactive bafilomycins and a new N -arylpyrazinone derivative from marine-derived Streptomyces sp. HZP-2216E: Z. Zhang, et al.; Planta Med. (Epub ahead of Print) (2017)