45 CHF CHF 45.00
AG-CN2-0009-M0011 mgCHF 45.00
AG-CN2-0009-M0055 mgCHF 120.00
AG-CN2-0009-M02525 mgCHF 400.00
|Synonyms||(2E,4E)-N-(2-Methylpropyl)-2,4-decadienamide; BRN 1725967|
|Merck Index||14: 7073|
|Source/Host Chemicals||Synthetic. Originally isolated from roots of Anacyclus pryrethrum and fruits of Piper nigrum.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥97% (HPLC)|
|Appearance||Yellow to beige solid.|
|Solubility||Soluble in 100% ethanol, methanol, DMSO or dichloromethane. Sparingly soluble in water.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Tingling-inducing agent. Excellent stable model compound for sensory studies . Exerts same profile as the unstable compound hydroxy-α-sanshool.
- Shows larvicidal, antimycobacterial and antituberculosis activity [1, 2, 4].
- α-Glucosidase inhibitor used in diabetes mellitus, cancer, infection and inflammatory research .
- ACAT (Acyl-CoA cholesteryl acyl transferase) inhibitor .
- Potential anti-cancer lead compound .
- Anti-thrombotic .
- Anti-septic .
- Antiprotozoal, antimalarial activity .
- Antagonist of the TRPV1 .
- Larvicidal activity of isobutylamides identified in Piper nigrum fruits against three mosquito species: I.K. Park, et al.; J. Agric. Food Chem. 50, 1866 (2002)
- Chemical constituents and bioactivity of Piper sarmentosum: T. Rukachaisirikul, et al.; J. Ethnopharmacol. 93, 173 (2004)
- Stereoselective Enzymatic Synthesis of cis-Pellitorine, a Taste Active Alkamide Naturally Occurring in Tarragon: P. J. Ley, et al.; Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2004, 5135
- Chemical constituents of the roots of Piper sarmentosum: P. Tuntiwachwuttikul, et al.; Chem. Pharm. Bull. (Tokyo) 54, 149 (2006)
- HPLC assisted chemobiological standardization of alpha-glucosidase-I enzyme inhibitory constituents from Piper longum Linn - An Indian medicinal plant: S.V. Pullela, et al.; J. Ethnopharmacol. 108, 445 (2006)
- ACAT inhibition of alkamides identified in the fruits of Piper nigrum: M.C. Rho, et al.; Phytochemistry 68, 899 (2007)
- Pellitorine, a potential anti-cancer lead compound against HL6 and MCT-7 cell lines and microbial transformation of piperine from Piper Nigrum: G.C. Ee, et al.; Molecules 15, 2398 (2010)
- Antithrombotic activities of pellitorine in vitro and in vivo: S.K. Ku, et al.; Fitoterapia 91, 1 (2013)
- Anti-septic effects of pellitorine in HMGB1-induced inflammatory responses in vitro and in vivo: S.K. Ku, et al.; Inflammation 37, 338 (2014)
- Antiprotozoal activity of Achillea ptarmica (Asteraceae) and its main alkamide constituents: J.B. Althaus, et al.; Molecules 19, 6428 (2014)
- Pellitorine, an extract of Tetradium daniellii, is an antagonist of the ion channel TRPV1: Z. Olah, et al.; Phytomed. 34, 44 (2017)