AG-CN2-0103-MC050.5 mgCHF 190.00
AG-CN2-0103-M0011 mgCHF 320.00
AG-CN2-0103-MM252.5 mgCHF 640.00
|Synonyms||1233A; F-244; L-659-699|
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from fungal strain Scopulariopsis sp. F-244.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥95% (HPLC)|
|Appearance||White to off-white solid.|
|Solubility||Soluble in methanol, ethanol, DMSO, chloroform or ethyl acetate. Insoluble in water or hexane.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
|Handling Advice||After reconstitution, prepare aliquots and store at -20°C.|
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 3 years after receipt when stored at -20°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
- β-Lactone antibiotic .
- Antibacterial and antifungal [1, 4].
- Specific and irreversible inhibitor of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A (HMG-CoA) synthase in vitro and in vivo by covalently modifying the active Cys129 residue of the enzyme [2-4, 6-8].
- Mevalonate biosynthesis inhibitor .
- Antibiotic 1233A: a fungal beta-lactone: D.C. Aldridge, et al.; J. Chem. Soc. 23, 3888 (1971)
- Potent inhibitory effect of antibiotic 1233A on cholesterol biosynthesis which specifically blocks 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A synthase: S. Omura, et al.; J. Antibiot. (Tokyo)40, 1356 (1987)
- F-244 specifically inhibits 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A synthase: H. Tomoda, et al.; Biochim. Biophys. Acta 922, 351 (1987)
- F-244 (1233A), a specific inhibitor of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A synthase: taxonomy of producing strain, fermentation, isolation and biological properties: H. Tomoda, et al.; J. Antibiot. (Tokyo) 41, 247 (1988)
- Method of search for microbial inhibitors of mevalonate biosynthesis using animal cells: H. Kumagai, et al.; J. Antibiot. (Tokyo) 43, 397 (1990)
- Specific binding of beta-lactone 1233A to 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A synthase: H. Tomoda, et al.; J. Antibiot. (Tokyo) 46, 872 (1993)
- Inhibition of hepatic cholesterol biosynthesis by a 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A synthase inhibitor, 1233A, in mice: H. Nagashima, et al.; Life Sci. 52, 1595 (1993)
- Binding site for fungal beta-lactone hymeglusin on cytosolic 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A synthase: H. Tomoda, et al.; Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1636, 22 (2004)