150 CHF CHF 150.00
AG-CN2-0482-M0011 mgCHF 150.00
|Synonyms||(-)-Incensol; (-)-Incensole; (1R,2S,5E,9E,12S)-1,5,9-Trimethyl-12-propan-2-yl-15-oxabicyclo[10.2.1]pentadeca-5,9-dien-2-ol|
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from Boswellia papyrifera.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥92% (HPLC)|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO, dichloromethane or ethyl ether. Insoluble in water. Almost insoluble in ethanol or methanol.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
|Handling Advice||Keep cool and dry.|
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Component of the frankincense essential oil.
- Activator of transient receptor potential vanilloid 3 (TRPV3), a heat-sensitive ion channel involved in skin heat sensitivity, thermoregulation and neurological activities. More powerful TRPV3 agonist than incensol acetate (Prod. No. AG-CN2-0484).
- Potent inhibitor of STAT3. Showed inhibitory activity on IL-6-induced STAT3 activation.
- Shown to have COX-1 and COX-2 inhibitory activity and cytotoxic activity against selected cancer cell lines.
- Anti-inflammatory activities of the triterpene acids from the resin of Boswellia carteri: N. Banno, et al.; J. Ethnopharmacol. 107, 249 (2006)
- Cancer chemopreventive effects and cytotoxic activities of the triterpene acids from the resin of Boswellia carteri: T. Akihisa, et al.; Biol. Pharm. Bull. 29, 1976 (2006)
- Major constituents of Boswellia carteri resin exhibit cyclooxygenase enzyme inhibition and antiproliferative activity: S.I. Ali, et al.; Nat. Prod. Commun. 8, 1365 (2013)
- Neuroactive and anti-inflammatory frankincense cembranes: A structure-activity study: F. Pollastro, et al.; J. Nat. Prod. 79, 1762 (2016)