BVT-0185-M0011 mgCHF 110.00
|Synonyms||Antibiotic 255-E; Antibiotic 5001B; Antibiotic 56-62; Antibiotic 846I; Gopalamicin; Salbomycin; Azalomycin B; SNA 4606-3|
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from Streptomyces sp. MT-1.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥95% (HPLC)|
|Solubility||Soluble in 100% ethanol, methanol, dimethyl formamide or DMSO.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR.|
|Declaration||Manufactured by BioViotica.|
|Other Product Data||May undergo transformation to methyl ketal on storage in methanol. We recommend the use of fresh solutions.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
|Handling Advice||Protect from light when in solution.|
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Active against Gram-positive bacteria, protozoa and tumors.
- Antitumor agent. Autophagy inducer and antiangiogenic agent.
- Testosterone 5α-reductase inhibitor.
- Nitric oxide synthase (NOS) inhibitor.
- Enhances the antifungal activity of rapamycin.
- Isolation and characterization of Niphithricins A, B and Elaiophylin, antibiotics produced by Streptomyces violaceoniger: H.-P. Fiedler et al.; J Antibiot. 34, 1107 (1981)
- Strukturaufklärung von Elaiophylin: Spektroskopische Untersuchungen und Abbau: H. Kaiser & W. Keller-Schierlein; Helv. Chim. Acta 64, 407 (1981)
- Röntgenstrukturanalyse von Elaiophylin: K. Neupert-Laves & M. Dobler; Helv. Chim. Acta 65, 262 (1982)
- Elaiophylin derivatives and their biological activities: P. Hammann et al.; J. Antibiot. 43, 1431 (1990)
- The biogenetic origin of the carbon skeleton and the oxygen atoms of Elaiophylin, a symmetric macrodiolide antibiotic: M. Gerlitz et al.; J. Org. Chem. 57, 4030 (1992)
- Immunosuppressive activity of elaiophylins: S. Y. Lee et al.; J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 7, 272 (1997)
- SNA-4606-1, a new member of Elaiophylins with enzyme inhibition activity against testosterone 5 α-reductase: M. Nakakoshi et al.; J. Antibiot. 52, 175 (1999)
- Enhancement of the antifungal activity of Rapamycin by the coproduced Elaiophylin and Nigericin: A. Fang et al.; J. Antibiot. 53, 158 (2000)
- Cation selective ion channels formed by macrodiolide antibiotic Elaiophylin in lipid bilayer membranes: P.A. Grigoriev et al.; Bioelectrochem. 54, 11 (2001)
- Elaiophylins, new cell cycle inhibitors and apoptosis inducers, produced by Streptomyces pseudoverticillus II. Structures and biological properties: C. Cui et al.; Chinese J. Antibiot. 26, 165-170 (2001)
- In vitro and in vivo antiprotozoal activities of bispolides and their derivatives: K. Otoguru et al.; J. Antibiot. 63, 275 (2010)
- Elaiophylin, a novel autophagy inhibitor, exerts antitumor activity as a single agent in ovarian cancer cells: X. Zhao, et al.; Autophagy 11, 1849 (2015)
- The novel autophagy inhibitor elaiophylin exerts antitumor activity against multiple myeloma with mutant TP53 in part through endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced apoptosis: G. Wang, et al.; Cancer Biol. Ther. 18, 584 (2017)
- Antiangiogenic potential of microbial metabolite elaiophylin for targeting tumor angiogenesis: H.N. Lim, et al.; Molecules 23, 563 (2018)