190 CHF CHF 190.00
AG-CR1-3621-C250250 µgCHF 190.00
AG-CR1-3621-M0011 mgCHF 380.00
|Synonyms||β-ManCer; β-Mannosyl Ceramide; (2S,3S,4R)-2-Amino-N-hexacosanoyl-1-O-(β-D-mannopyranosyl)-1,3,4-octadecanetriol|
|Purity Chemicals||≥95% (TLC, NMR)|
|Appearance||White to off-white solid.|
|Solubility||Soluble in pyridine or warm DMSO. Insoluble in water.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR.|
|Other Product Data||Natural killer T cells (NKT cells) are important regulators of the immune system. They share properties of both innate as well as adaptive immunity. They express T cell receptors (TCR) on their surface consisting of an invariable α-chain and a somewhat variable β-chain. The majority of NKT cells express the invariable α-chain Vα14-Jα18 (Vα14) in mouse or its homolog in humans Vα24-Jα18 (Vα24). NKT cells expressing the invariant Vα19-Jα26 TCR α-chain (Vα19 NKT cells) have been found in peripheral blood lymphocytes and in the liver.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
After reconstitution, prepare aliquots and store at -20°C.
Aliquot into glass vials.
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Potent stimulator of invariant natural killer T (iNKT) cells.
- Induces strong antitumor immunity through a nitric oxide (NO) and TNF-α dependent mechansim, different compared to the IFN-γ dependent mechanism of α-GalCer (AG-CN2-0014).
- Does not induce anergy of iNKT cells.
- Mouse and human iNKT cell agonist β-mannosylceramide reveals a distinct mechanism of tumor immunity: J.J. O'Konek, et al.; J. Clin. Invest. 121, 683 (2011)
- NKT cell adjuvant-based tumor vaccine for treatment of myc oncogene-driven mouse B-cell lymphoma: S.R. Mattarollo, et al.; Blood 120, 3019 (2012)
- β-mannosylceramide activates type I natural killer t cells to induce tumor immunity without inducing long-term functional anergy: J.J. O'Konek, et al.; Clin. Cancer Res. 19, 4404 (2013)