35 CHF CHF 35.00
AG-CR1-3639-M500500 mgCHF 35.00
AG-CR1-3639-G0011 gCHF 60.00
AG-CR1-3639-G0055 gCHF 200.00
|Synonyms||(±)-6-Hydroxy-2,5,7,8-tetramethylchromane-2-carboxylic acid; Trolox C|
|Purity Chemicals||≥98% (HPLC)|
|Appearance||White to off-white or pale yellow solid.|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO (20mg/ml), 100% ethanol (20mg/ml) or methanol (5mg/ml). Slightly soluble in water (~1mg/ml) and PBS (3mg/ml).|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+20°C|
|Long Term Storage||+4°C|
Keep cool and dry.
Protect from moisture and oxygen.
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at +4°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Cell permeable and water soluble derivative of vitamin E.
- Potent antioxidant. Efficiently prevents formation of different reactive oxygen species, such as singlet oxygen (1O2), superoxide anion (O2-) or hydrogen peroxide (H2O2).
- Commonly used as a standard or positive control in different antioxidant assays, such as ABTS decolorization and FRAP assays, measuring Trolox equivalent antioxidant capacity (TEAC). TEAC assays are used to measure antioxidant capacity of foods, beverages and supplements.
- Used in biological or biochemical applications to reduce oxidative stress or damage, such as inhibiting peroxynitrite mediated tyrosine nitration and mitochondrial proton permeability.
- Cytoprotective with low cytotoxicity for different cell lines. Shown to have anticancer activity and to be effective as adjunctive agent in cancer treatments.
- Used to reduce fluorophore bleaching as well as the fluorophore blinking during the observation of fluorescent labels.
- Freezing extender supplement in cryopreservation media to improve the quality of cryopreserved human sperm.
- The cytoprotective effect of Trolox demonstrated with three types of human cells: T.W. Wu, et al.; Biochem. Cell Biol. 68, 1189 (1990)
- Oxidative stress-induced apoptosis prevented by Trolox: V.J. Forrest, et al.; Free Radic. Biol. Med. 16, 675 (1994)
- Trolox inhibits peroxynitrite-mediated oxidative stress and apoptosis in rat thymocytes: M.G. Salgo & W.A. Pryor; Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 333, 482 (1996)
- Antioxidant activity applying an improved ABTS radical cation decolorization assay: R. Re, et al.; Free Radical Biol. Med. 26, 1231 (1999)
- Comparative study of eight well-known polyphenolic antioxidants: P. Cos, et al.; J. Pharm. Pharmacol. 55, 1291 (2003)
- Free radical scavenger and antioxidant capacity correlation of alpha-tocopherol and Trolox measured by three in vitro methodologies: I.A. Castro, et al.; Int. J. Food Sci. Nutr. 57, 75 (2006)
- Nonblinking and long-lasting single-molecule fluorescence imaging: I. Rasnik, et al.; Nat. Methods 3, 891 (2006)
- Trolox enhances the anti-lymphoma effects of arsenic trioxide, while protecting against liver toxicity: Z. Diaz, et al.; Leukemia 21, 2117 (2007)
- Taxol induces oxidative neuronal cell death by enhancing the activity of NADPH oxidase in mouse cortical cultures: H.J. Jang, et al.; Neurosci. Lett. 443, 17 (2008)
- Compounds that confer thermal stress resistance and extended lifespan: M.G. Benedetti, et al.; Exp. Gerontol. 43, 882 (2008)
- The antioxidant Trolox restores mitochondrial membrane potential and Ca2+ -stimulated ATP production in human complex I deficiency: F. Distelmaier, et al.; J. Mol. Med. 87, 515 (2009)
- Trolox prevents osteoclastogenesis by suppressing RANKL expression and signalling: J.H. Lee, et al.; J. Biol. Chem. 284, 13725 (2009)
- On the mechanism of Trolox as antiblinking and antibleaching reagent: T. Cordes, et al.; JACS 131, 5018 (2009)
- Inhibitory effect of Trolox on the migration and invasion of human lung and cervical cancer cells: H.J. Sung, et al.; Int. J. Mol. Med. 29, 245 (2012)
- Effect of Trolox addition to cryopreservation media on human sperm motility: M.B. Minaei, et al.; Iran. J. Reprod. Med. 10, 99 (2012)
- A physicochemical examination of the free radical scavenging activity of Trolox: mechanism, kinetics and influence of the environment: M.E. Alberto, et al.; Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 15, 4642 (2013)
- Effects of molecular structure on kinetics and dynamics of the trolox equivalent antioxidant capacity assay with ABTS(+•): X. Tian & K.M. Schaich; J. Agric. Food Chem. 61, 5511 (2013)
- Mapping Interactions between Glycans and Glycan-Binding Proteins by Live Cell Proximity Tagging: E. Joeh, et al.; Curr. Protoc. 1, e104 (2021)