140 CHF CHF 140.00
AG-MR-C0002-M0055 mgCHF 140.00
AG-MR-C0002-M02525 mgCHF 560.00
|Purity Chemicals||≥99% (NMR)|
|Appearance||White to off-white solid.|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO, ethanol or methanol.|
|Reconstitution||Stock solutions can be made up to 10mM in DMSO.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
After standard reconstitution, prepare aliquots and store at -20°C.
Protect from light and moisture.
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
- (S)-enantiomer of (R)-roscovitine (Prod. No. MR-C0001).
- Potent selective cyclin-dependent kinase 1 (CDK1) inhibitor.
- Potential neuroprotectant for stroke. Crosses the blood brain barrier. Inhibits CDK5, consequently blocking hypoxia-induced apoptosis in neurons.
- Potential anti-inflammatory compound.
- Potential antidiabetic compound.
- Biochemical and cellular effects of roscovitine, a potent and selective inhibitor of the cyclin-dependent kinases cdc2, cdk2 and cdk5: L. Meijer, et al.; Eur. J. Biochem. 243, 527 (1997)
- Maintenance of meiotic arrest in bovine oocytes using the S-enantiomer of roscovitine: effects on maturation, fertilization and subsequent embryo development in vitro: P. Coy, et al.; Reprod. 129, 19 (2005)
- Delayed treatment with systemic (S)-roscovitine provides neuroprotection and inhibits in vivo CDK5 activity increase in animal stroke models: B. Menn, et al.; PLoS One 5, e12117 (2010)