Magnesium Colorimetric Assay Kit (Xylidyl Blue-I Method)

CHF 523.00
In stock
JAI-CMG-035100 testsCHF 523.00
More Information
Product Details
Product Type Kit
Application Set Quantitative ELISA
Specificity Specific to Mg2+.
Crossreactivity All
Quantity Enough reagents for 100 tests.
Range 0.2 - 3.5mg/dL
Sample Type Cell Lysate
Tissue Supernatant
Detection Type Colorimetric
Kit Contains 1 x 25 ml    R-1   Chelate color (ready to use)
1 x 0.5 ml   STD  Magnesium (Mg) standard 2mg/dL (ready to use)
Other Product Data This MC-Reagent Magnesium Assay Kit is a direct colorimetric assay based on the Xylidyl Blue-I method without deproteinization of the sample. The magnesium determination is based on the reaction of magnesium with Xylidyl Blue-I (as chelator) at alkaline pH, which yields a purple colored complex. The intensity of the color formed is proportional to the calcium concentration in the sample. Absorbance of the Mg2+-complex is measured at 660nm.

Features of this Assay: Quick & Easy to use • Species independent • Highly sensitive, stable and suitable for high-throughput testing • No toxic substances • For cell lysates, serum, plasma and wide variety of biological samples
Declaration Manufactured by JaICA.
Shipping and Handling
Shipping BLUE ICE
Short Term Storage +4°C
Long Term Storage +4°C
Handling Advice Do not freeze.
Use/Stability 12 months after the day of manufacturing. See expiry date on ELISA Kit box.
Manual Download PDF
MSDS Inquire
Product Specification Sheet
Datasheet Download PDF

Magnesium (Mg2+) is one of the most abundant trace metals in living organisms, contributing to a variety of biological functions including ATP and nucleic acid processing, energy metabolism, and enzymatic function. Magnesium forms complexes with multiple molecules such as phospholipids and ATP. Approximately 69% of magnesium ions are stored in bone. The rest are part of the intermediary metabolism about 70% being present in free form while the other 30% is bound to proteins (especially albumin), citrates, phosphate, and other complex formers. The Mg2+ serum level is kept constant within very narrow limits. Regulation takes place mainly via the kidneys, especially via the ascending loop of Henle. Low serum levels of magnesium have been associated with metabolic syndrome, diabetes mellitus type 2, and hypertension.

Product References
  • Enhanced biofilm formation and/or cell viability by polyamines through stimulation of response regulators UvrY and CpxR in the two-component signal transducing systems, and ribosome recycling factor: A. Sakamoto, et al.; Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 44, 1877 (2012)
  • The effects of claw ligatures in American lobster (Homarus americanus) storage: a preliminary study of haemolymph parameters: C. Coppola, et al.; Acta Vet. BRNO 88, 329 (2019)
© 2017 Adipogen Life Sciences. Pictures: © 2012 Martin Oeggerli. All Rights Reserved.