anti-AIM2 (human), mAb (3B10)
|Synonyms||Interferon-inducible Protein AIM2; Absent in Melanoma 2|
|Product Type||Monoclonal Antibody|
|Source/Host||Purified from concentrated hybridoma tissue culture supernatant.|
|Immunogen/Antigen||Human AIM2 (aa 1-186).|
Recognizes human AIM2.
|Purity Detail||Protein G-affinity purified.|
|Formulation||Liquid. In PBS containing 10% glycerol and 0.02% sodium azide.|
|Isotype Negative Control|
|Other Product Data||
UniProt link O14862: AIM2 (human)
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
After opening, prepare aliquots and store at -20°C.
Avoid freeze/thaw cycles.
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
AIM2 is a strong candidate as a tumor suppressor as it is a member of the HIN-200 (hemopoietic interferon-inducible, nuclear proteins containing a 200 amino acid repeat) family of proteins that have been shown to regulate cell growth and survival. The HIN-200 family of proteins consists of four members in human, IFI 16 , MNDA , AIM2  and IFIXl. Recently it has been reported that AIM2 is a receptor for cytosolic dsDNA, which forms a novel inflammasome complex with ASC to activate caspase-1-mediated processing of IL-1β.
- Expression of IFI 16 in epithelial cells and lymphoid tissues: W. Wei, et al.; Histochem. Cell Biol. 119, 45 (2003)
- Biochemical and growth regulatory activities of the HIN-200 family member and putative tumor suppressor protein, AIM2: K.S. Cresswell, et al.; BBRC 326, 417 (2005)
- AIM2 activates the inflammasome and cell death in response to cytoplasmic DNA: T. Fernandes-Alnemri, et al.; Nature 458, 509 (2009)
- AIM2 recognizes cytosolic dsDNA and forms a caspase-1-activating inflammasome with ASC: V. Hornung, et al.; Nature 458, 514 (2009)
- A novel flow cytometric method to assess inflammasome formation: D.P. Sester, et al.; J. Immunol. 194, 455 (2015)
- Evasion of innate cytosolic DNA sensing by a gammaherpesvirus facilitates establishment of latent infection: C. Sun, et al.; J. Immunol. 194, 1819 (2015)
- Herpes Simplex Virus 1 VP22 Inhibits AIM2-Dependent Inflammasome Activation to Enable Efficient Viral Replication: Y. Maruzuru, et al.; Cell Host Microbe. 23, 254 (2018)
- PYHIN1 regulates pro-inflammatory cytokine induction rather than innate immune DNA sensing in airway epithelial cells: D. Massa, et al.; J. Biol. Chem. 295, 4438 (2020)