AG-CN2-0023-M0011 mgCHF 50.00
AG-CN2-0023-M0055 mgCHF 120.00
AG-CN2-0023-M02525 mgCHF 290.00
|Synonyms||KY 12420; BRN 0067676; NSC 627609; Antibiotic SL-2052|
|Merck Index||14: 10053|
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from Penicillium sp.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥98% (HPLC)|
|Appearance||White to off-white solid.|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO methanol, ethanol or chloroform. Slightly soluble in water.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
|Handling Advice||Keep cool and dry.|
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Antibiotic .
- Potent anti-neutrophil agent with cardioprotective effects [1, 13].
- mTOR, DNA-PK, phosphatidylinositol 4-kinases, myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) and mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) inhibitor at high concentrations [2, 5, 14].
- Potent cell permeable and selective inhibitor of phosphatidyl-inositol 3-kinase (PI3K) [3, 4].
- Similar potency in vitro for the class I, II, and III PI3K.
- Antitumor compound.  Radiosensitizing agent .
- Adipogenesis inhibitor [5, 7]. Angiogenesis inhibitor. 
- Autophagy inhibitor, regardless of the nutrient status and thus is a more suitable autophagy inhibitor than 3-MA [12,18].
- DNA repair, receptor-mediated endocytosis and cell proliferation inhibitor [8, 9, 14].
- Potentiates the LPS-induced nitric oxide (NO) production from macrophages .
- Induces in vivo Alzheimer-like hyperphosphorylation in tau .
- Polo-like kinase family inhibitor .
- TRAIL sensitizer 
- Demethoxyviridin and wortmannin block phospholipase C and D activation in the human neutrophil: R.W. Bonser, et al.; Br. J. Pharmacol. 103, 1237 (1991)
- Wortmannin, a microbial product inhibitor of myosin light chain kinase: S. Nakanishi, et al.; J. Biol. Chem. 267, 2157 (1992)
- Wortmannin is a potent phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibitor: the role of phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate in neutrophil responses: A. Arcaro & M.P. Wyman; Biochem. J. 296, 297 (1993)
- Wortmannin, a potent and selective inhibitor of phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase: G. Powis, et al.; Cancer Res. 54, 2419 (1994)
- Wortmannin inhibits the effects of insulin and serum on the activities of glycogen synthase kinase-3 and mitogen-activated protein kinase: G.I. Welsh, et al.; Biochem. J. 303, 15 (1994)
- In vitro and in vivo antitumor activity of the phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase inhibitor, wortmannin: R.M. Schultz, et al.; Anticancer Res. 15, 1135 (1995)
- Wortmannin, a specific phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibitor, inhibits adipocytic differentiation of 3T3-L1 cells: K. Tomiyama, et al.; BBRC 212, 263 (1995)
- The phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibitor wortmannin sensitizes murine fibroblasts and human tumor cells to radiation and blocks induction of p53 following DNA damage: B.D. Price & M.B. Youmell; Cancer Res. 56, 246 (1996)
- Wortmannin is a potent inhibitor of DNA double strand break but not single strand break repair in Chinese hamster ovary cells: S. Boulton, et al.; Carcinogenesis 17, 2285 (1996)
- Potent inhibition of angiogenesis by wortmannin, a fungal metabolite: T. Oikawa & M. Shimamura; Eur. J. Pharmacol. 318, 93 (1996)
- Wortmannin, a specific inhibitor of phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase, enhances LPS-induced NO production from murine peritoneal macrophages: Y.C. Park, et al.; BBRC 240, 692 (1997)
- The phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibitors wortmannin and LY294002 inhibit autophagy in isolated rat hepatocytes: E.F. Blommaart, et al.; Eur. J. Biochem. 243, 240 (1997)
- Wortmannin, a potent antineutrophil agent, exerts cardioprotective effects in myocardial ischemia/reperfusion: L.H. Young, et al.; J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 295, 37 (2000)
- DNA-PK inhibitor wortmannin enhances DNA damage induced by bleomycin in V79 Chinese hamster cells: N.G. Oliveira, et al.; Teratog. Carcinog. Mutagen. 22, 343 (2002)
- Alzheimer-like tau phosphorylation induced by wortmannin in vivo and its attenuation by melatonin: S.J. Liu & J.Z. Wang; Acta Pharmacol. Sin. 23, 183 (2002)
- Wortmannin, a widely used phosphoinositide 3-kinase inhibitor, also potently inhibits mammalian polo-like kinase: Y. Liu, et al.; Chem. Biol. 12, 99 (2005)
- Chemistry and biology of wortmannin: P. Wipf & R.J. Halter; Org. Biomol. Chem. 3, 2053 (2005)
- Dual role of 3-methyladenine in modulation of autophagy via different temporal patterns of inhibition on class I and III phosphoinositide 3-kinase: YT. Wu, et al.; J. Biol. Chem. 285, 10850 (2010)
- Novel HTS strategy identifies TRAIL-sensitizing compounds acting specifically through the Caspase-8 apoptotic axis: D. Finlay, et al.;PLoS One 5, e13375 (2010)
- Insulin inhibits AMPK activity and phosphorylates AMPK Ser485/491 through Akt in hepatocytes, myotubes and incubated rat skeletal muscle: R.J. Valentine, et al.; Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 562, 62 (2014)