30 CHF CHF 30.00
AG-CN2-0089-M0011 mgCHF 30.00
AG-CN2-0089-M0055 mgCHF 50.00
AG-CN2-0089-M02525 mgCHF 90.00
AG-CN2-0089-M05050 mgCHF 140.00
|Synonyms||Boforsin; Colforsin; Coleonol; NSC 357088; NSC 375489|
|Merck Index||14: 2476|
|CAS||66428-89-5 and 66575-29-9|
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from Coleus forskohlii.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥99% (HPLC)|
|Appearance||White to off-white solid.|
|Solubility||Soluble in ethyl acetate, anhydrous DMSO or ethanol; very poorly soluble in water. DMSO is the recommended solvent for activation of cAMP.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR.|
|Other Product Data||Note: Do not dissolve in ethanol for activation of adenylyl cyclase.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
Keep cool and dry.
Protect from light.
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Potent, cell permeable adenylyl cyclase activator. Increases intracellular cAMP levels [1, 2, 6].
- Widely used tool to investigate cAMP as a second messenger .
- Inotropic and antihypertensive. Smooth muscle relaxant/vasodilator [3, 4, 6].
- Glucose transporter inhibitor .
- Platelet aggregation inhibitor [3, 10].
- Stimulates lipolysis in fat cells .
- Non-competitive nicotinic acetylcholine receptors inhibitor .
- MAP kinase inhibitor .
- Upregulates mitochondrial uncoupling protein (UCP) mRNA levels in brown adipose tissue .
- Autophagy inhibitor .
- Hedgehog signaling inhibitor .
- Has antiglaucoma potential .
- Promotes neuronal differentiation of NSCs .
- Anti-neuroinflammatory and neuroprotective agent. Ameliorated Alzheimer’s disease symptoms, restoring impairment in nesting ability and sociability, and reducing neuroinflammation and amyloid beta deposition .
- The positive inotropic-acting forskolin, a potent adenylate cyclase activator: H. Metzger & E. Lindner; Arzneimittelforschung 31, 1248 (1981)
- Forskolin: a unique diterpene activator of cyclic AMP-generating systems: K.B. Seamon & J.W. Daly; J. Cyclic Nucleotide Res. 7, 201 (1981)
- Forskolin: a labdane diterpenoid with antihypertensive, positive inotropic, platelet aggregation inhibitory, and adenylate cyclase activating properties: N.J. de Souza, et al.; Med. Res. Rev. 3, 201 (1983)
- Effects of forskolin on cerebral blood flow: Implications for a role of adenylate cyclase: D.G. Wysham, et al.; Stroke 17, 1299 (1986)
- Forskolin inhibits insulin-stimulated glucose transport in rat adipose cells by a direct interaction with the glucose transporter: H.G. Joost & H.J. Steinfelder; Mol. Pharmacol. 31, 279 (1987)
- Effect of forskolin on cytosolic Ca++ level and contraction in vascular smooth muscle: A. Abe & H. Karaki; J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 249, 895 (1989)
- Forskolin: a specific stimulator of adenylyl cyclase or a diterpene with multiple sites of action?: A. Laurenza, et al.; TIPS 10, 442 (1989) (Review)
- Relationship between cyclic AMP production and lipolysis induced by forskolin in rat fat cells: H. Okuda, et al.; J. Lipid Res. 33, 225 (1992)
- Forskolin acts as a noncompetitive inhibitor of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors: M.L. Aylwin & M.M. White; Mol. Pharmacol. 41, 908 (1992)
- Forskolin inhibits platelet-activating factor binding to platelet receptors independently of adenylyl cyclase activation: S. Wong, et al.; Eur. J. Pharmacol. 245, 55 (1993)
- Forskolin inhibits protein kinase C-induced mitogen activated protein kinase activity in MC3T3-E1 osteoblasts: S.R. Siddhanti, et al.; Endocrinol. 136, 4834 (1995)
- Thermogenesis in brown adipose tissue with age: post-receptor activation by forskolin: P.J. Scarpace & M. Matheny; Pflugers Arch. 431, 388 (1996)
- Role of the autophagic-lysosomal system on low potassium-induced apoptosis in cultured cerebellar granule cells: N. Canu, et al.; J. Neurochem. 92, 1228 (2005)
- Forskolin, a Hedgehog signal inhibitor, inhibits cell proliferation and induces apoptosis in pediatric tumor cell lines: H. Yamanaka, et al.; Mol. Med. Rep. 3, 133 (2010)
- Forskolin and derivatives as tools for studying the role of cAMP: R.H. Alasbahi & M.F. Melzig; Pharmazie 67, 5 (2012) (Review)
- Forskolin: upcoming antiglaucoma molecule: V.D. Wagh, et al.; J. Postgrad. Med. 58, 199 (2012) (Review)
- Functional neural differentiation of human adipose tissue-derived stem cells using bFGF and forskolin: S. Jang, et al.; BMC Cell Biol. 11, 1 (2010)
- Protective effects of forskolin on behavioral deficits and neuropathological changes in a mouse model of cerebral amyloidosis: B.A. Owona, et al.; J. Neuropathol. Exp. Neurol. 75, 618 (2016)