230 CHF CHF 230.00
AG-CN2-0173-C500500 µgCHF 230.00
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from Trichurus sp.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥95% (HPLC)|
|Appearance||Tan to brown viscous liquid (oily).|
|Solubility||Soluble in ethanol, methanol or DMSO (all 1mg/ml).|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
|Handling Advice||Protect from light and moisture.|
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Selective apoptosis inducer in ras-dependent cells.
- Autophagy (Akt-dependent), apoptosis and necroptosis inducer in renal cancer cell lines.
- Induces death of ras-mutated pancreatic tumor (Panc-1) cells in vitro and in vivo.
- Robust inhibitor of pancreatic cancers with the K-ras mutation. Reduced Sos1 expression and depressed Ras-MAPK activity.
- Rasfonin, a New Apoptosis Inducer in ras-dependent Cells from Talaromyces sp.: T. Tomikawa, et al.; J. Antibiot. 53, 848 (2000)
- Total synthesis of TT-1 (rasfonin), an α-pyrone-containing natural product from a fungus Trichurus terrophilus: K. Akiyama, et al.; Tetrahedron 61, 1827 (2005)
- Toward the Development of a General Chiral Auxiliary. Enantioselective Alkylation and a New Catalytic Asymmetric Addition of Silyloxyfurans: Application to a Total Synthesis of (-)-Rasfonin: R.K. Boeckman, et al.; JACS 128, 11032 (2006)
- Rasfonin, a novel 2-pyrone derivative, induces ras-mutated Panc-1 pancreatic tumor cell death in nude mice: Z. Xiao, et al.; Cell Death Dis. 22, e1241 (2014)
- Akt inhibition attenuates rasfonin-induced autophagy and apoptosis through the glycolytic pathway in renal cancer cells: Q. Lu, et al.; Cell Death Dis. 6, e2005 (2015)
- Rasfonin promotes autophagy and apoptosis via upregulation of reactive oxygen species (ROS)/JNK pathway: W. Wang, et al.; Mycology 7, 64 (2016)
- Fungal secondary metabolites rasfonin induces autophagy, apoptosis and necroptosis in renal cancer cell line: H. Sun, et al.; Mycology 7, 81 (2016)