AG-CN2-0475-M0011 mgCHF 65.00
AG-CN2-0475-M0055 mgCHF 260.00
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from Helleborus purpurascens.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥99% (HPLC and UV Absorbance)|
|Appearance||White to off-white solid.|
|Solubility||Soluble in water (~4mg/ml).|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
Keep cool and dry.
Protect from light.
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Highly potent Na+/K+-ATPase inhibitor, blocking the active efflux of Na+ and reuptake of K+.
- Water soluble cardiotonic glycoside from the class of bufadienolides (with 2-pyrone ring).
- Inhibits cancer cell growth in vitro. Shown to induce caspase-dependent apoptosis, reducing MDR resistance and the rate of mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation in cancer cells.
- Inotropic by increasing the intracellular Ca2+ concentration.
- Immunosuppressive and anti-inflammatory agent that inhibits allogeneic T cell activation with much higher potency than cortisol or cyclosporin A.
- Ueber Hellebrin, ein krystallisiertes Glykosid aus Radix Hellebori nigri: W. Karrer; Helv. Chim. Acta 26, 1353 (1943)
- The structure of hellebrin: P. Muhr, et al.; Liebigs Ann. Org. Bioorg. Chem. 2, 443 (1995)
- In search of ideal inotropic steroids: recent progress: K.R. Repke, et al.; Prog. Drug Res. 47, 9 (1996)
- Exquisitely small amounts of nonglucocorticoid natural steroids suppress the human allogeneic T-cell response: P. Terness, et al.; Transplant Proc. 33, 547 (2001)
- The T-cell suppressive effect of bufadienolides: structural requirements for their immunoregulatory activity: P. Terness, et al.; Int. Immunopharmacol. 1, 119 (2001)
- Apoptosis-mediated selective killing of malignant cells by cardiac steroids: maintenance of cytotoxicity and loss of cardiac activity of chemically modified derivatives: D. Daniel, et al.; Int. Immunopharmacol. 3, 1791 (2003)
- Anti-cancer natural product library from traditional chinese medicine: V.B. Konkimalla & T. Efferth; Comb. Chem. High Throughput Screen. 11, 7 (2008)
- FTIR spectral signature of the effect of cardiotonic steroids with antitumoral properties on a prostate cancer cell line: R. Gasper, et al.; Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1802, 1087 (2010)
- Hellebrin and its aglycone form hellebrigenin display similar in vitro growth inhibitory effects in cancer cells and binding profiles to the alpha subunits of the Na+/K+-ATPase: L. Moreno Y. Banuls, et al.; Mol. Cancer 12, 33 (2013)
- Structure-activity relationship analysis of bufadienolide-induced in vitro growth inhibitory effects on mouse and human cancer cells: L. Moreno Y. Banuls, et al.; J. Nat. Prod. 76, 1078 (2013)
- Natural compounds with important medical potential found in Helleborus sp.: M.C. Maior & C. Dobrota; Cent. Eur. J. Biol. 8, 272 (2013) (Review)
- Studies on the constituents of Helleborus purpurascens: analysis and biological activity of the aqueous and organic extracts: M. H. Franz, et al.; Amino Acids 50, 163 (2018)