AG-CN2-0503-M0011 mgCHF 230.00
|Synonyms||N-[(2E)-3-(2-Amino-1H-imidazol-5-yl)prop-2-en-1-yl]-4-bromo-1H-pyrrole-2-carboxamide; Hymenidine; 2-Debromooroidin|
|Formula||C11H12BrN5O . H2O|
|MW||310.2 . 18.0|
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from sponge Stylissa sp.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥97% (HPLC)|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO, ethanol or methanol.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR and MS.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
Keep cool and dry.
Protect from light.
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Inhibitor of CDK5/p25 (IC50=4µM) and GSK-3β (IC50=12µM). Potentially useful in neuronal diseases research.
- Antagonist of serotonergic receptors.
- Shown to reduce voltage-dependent calcium elevation.
- Moderate anticancer compound. Inhibits cell growth in a panel of cancer cell lines at low μM range.
- Antiprotozoal agent.
- Antibacterial. Plays a role in the sponge antibacterial defense.
- A novel antagonist of serotonergic receptors, hymenidin, isolated from the Okinawan marine sponge Hymeniacidon sp: J. Kobayashi, et al.; Experientia 42, 1176 (1986)
- Inhibition of cyclin-dependent kinases, GSK-3beta and CK1 by hymenialdisine, a marine sponge constituent: L. Meijer, et al.; Chem. Biol. 7, 51 (2000)
- Brominated pyrrole alkaloids from marine Agelas sponges reduce depolarization-induced cellular calcium elevation: U. Bickmeyer, et al.; Toxicon 44, 45 (2004)
- Marine compounds for the therapeutic treatment of neurological disorders: D. Alonso, et al.; Expert Opin. Ther. Pat. 15, 1377 (2005)
- Antineoplastic agents 470. Absolute configuration of the marine sponge bromopyrrole agelastatin A: G.R. Pettit, et al.; Oncol. Res. 15, 11 (2005)
- Bromopyrrole alkaloids as lead compounds against protozoan parasites: F. Scala, et al.; Mar. Drugs 8, 2162 (2010)
- Chemical defense against predators and bacterial fouling in the Mediterranean sponges Axinella polypoides and A. verrucosa: M. Haber, et al.; MEPS 422, 113 (2011)