65 CHF CHF 65.00
AG-CR1-3531-M0011 mgCHF 65.00
AG-CR1-3531-M0055 mgCHF 195.00
|Synonyms||5-Formyl-2’-deoxycytididine; 5-Formyl-dC; 5-fC; 5-FoC|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO (10mg/ml) or water.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
Keep cool and dry.
Protect from moisture.
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Epigenetic base.
- A minor nucleotide found in DNA and produced by UV or γ-mediated oxidation of the nucleoside 5-Methyl-2'-deoxycytidine. This nucleoside derivative was found in embryonic stem cell DNA.
- Mutagenic and can induce 5-fC >> T transition mutation as well as the 5-fC >> A and 5-fC >> G transversion mutations during DNA synthesis, particularly in methylated CpG regions.
- Used in epigenetic research and important for cancer research.
- Formation of 5-formyl-2'-deoxycytidine from 5-methyl-2'-deoxycytidine in duplex DNA by Fenton-type reactions and gamma-irradiation: N. Murata-Kamiya, et al.; Nucleic Acids Res. 27, 4385 (1999)
- Synthesis and properties of oligonucleotides containing 5-formyl-2'-deoxycytidine: in vitro DNA polymerase reactions on DNA templates containing 5-formyl-2'-deoxycytidine: N. Karino, et al.; Nucleic Acids Res. 29, 2456 (2001)
- The discovery of 5-formylcytosine in embryonic stem cell DNA: T. Pfaffeneder, et al.; Angew. Chem. Int. Edit. 50, 7008 (2011)
- A.S. Synthesis of a DNA promoter segment containing all four epigenetic nucleosides: 5-Methyl-, 5-hydroxymethyl-, 5-formyl-, and 5-carboxy-2'-deoxycytidine: Schroeder, et al.; Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 53, 315 (2014)
- CDA directs metabolism of epigenetic nucleosides revealing a therapeutic window in cancer; M. Zauri, et al.; Nature 524, 114 (2015)