30 CHF CHF 30.00
AG-CR1-3637-M500500 mgCHF 30.00
AG-CR1-3637-G0055 gCHF 80.00
|Synonyms||I3C; 3-Indolemethanol; 3-(Hydroxymethyl)indole; BRN0121323; NSC525801; Indinol; 3-Indolylcarbinol|
|Purity Chemicals||≥96% (HPLC)|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO, ethanol or methanol. Slightly soluble in water (warm).|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+20°C|
|Long Term Storage||+4°C|
|Handling Advice||Protect from moisture.|
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at +4°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Natural breakdown product of glucosinolates found in cruciferous vegetables.
- Widely used multifunctional aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) agonist. AhR is emerging as a transcription factor involved in the regulation of both innate and adaptive immune responses in various immune cell types, including lymphocytes and antigen-presenting cells (APCs). Studies have associated overexpression of AHR with the activation of cancer processes such as proliferation, epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition (EMT), DNA damage, inﬂammation, migration and angiogenesis.
- Used to increase the population of innate lymphoid cells 3 (ILC3) in gut microbiota.
- Chemopreventive agent that has multiple anticarcinogenic and antitumor properties and suppresses the proliferation of selective cancer cells, including breast cancer, prostate cancer, endometrial cancer, colon cancer and leukemic cells. Protects against nephrotoxicity.
- Proapoptotic. Induces cell cycle arrest at G1 and downregulates cell cycle-related proteins (CDK4, CDK6, cyclin D1 and pRb). Inhibits telomerase activity.
- SIRT1 activator. Antiobesity agent through inhibition of adipogenesis in adipocytes.
- Shown to have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-atherogenic effects.
- Indole-3-carbinol inhibits the expression of cyclin-dependent kinase-6 and induces a G1 cell cycle arrest of human breast cancer cells independent of estrogen receptor signalling: C.M. Cover, et al.; J. Biol. Chem. 273, 3838 (1998)
- Indole-3-carbinol suppresses tumor-induced angiogenesis by inhibiting tube formation and inducing apoptosis: K. Kunimasa, et al.; Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 72, 2243 (2008)
- Antiplatelet and antithrombotic activity of indole-3-carbinol in vitro and in vivo: M.K. Park, et al.; Phytother. Res. 22, 58 (2008)
- Review. Indole-3-carbinol as a chemoprotective agent in breast and prostate cancer: H.L. Bradlow; In Vivo 22, 441 (2008)
- Indole-3-carbinol improves survival in lupus-prone mice by inducing tandem B- and T-cell differentiation blockades: X.J. Yan, et al.; Clin. Immunol. 131, 481 (2009)
- Antiobesity activities of indole-3-carbinol in high-fat-diet-induced obese mice: H.P. Chang, et al.; Nutrition 27, 463 (2011)
- Indole-3-carbinol inhibits telomerase activity and gene expression in prostate cancer cell lines: S. Adler, et al.; Anticancer Res. 31, 3733 (2011)
- Indole-3-carbinol directly targets SIRT1 to inhibit adipocyte differentiation: Y. Choi, et al.; Int. J. Obes. (Lond) 37, 881 (2013)
- Indole-3-carbinol inhibits LPS-induced inflammatory response by blocking TRIF-dependent signaling pathway in macrophages: J. Jiang, et al.; Food Chem. Toxicol. 57, 256 (2013)
- Indole-3-carbinol, a vegetable phytochemical, inhibits adipogenesis by regulating cell cycle and AMPKα signalling: H.S. Choi, et al.; Biochimie 104, 127 (2014)
- Indole-3-carbinol (I3C) increases apoptosis, represses growth of cancer cells, and enhances adenovirus-mediated oncolysis: L. Chen, et al.; Cancer Biol. Ther. 15, 1256 (2014)
- Indole-3-carbinol suppresses NF-κB activity and stimulates the p53 pathway in pre-B acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells: M. Safa, et al.; Tumour Biol. 36, 3919 (2015)
- Indole-3-Carbinol (I3C) and its Major Derivatives: Their Pharmacokinetics and Important Roles in Hepatic Protection: S.Q. Wang, et al.; Curr. Drug Metab. 17, 401 (2016)
- Research on cruciferous vegetables, indole-3-carbinol, and cancer prevention: A tribute to Lee W. Wattenberg: N. Fujioka, et al.; Mol. Nutr. Food Res. 60, 1228 (2016)
- Inhibition of oncogenic BRAF activity by indole-3-carbinol disrupts microphthalmia-associated transcription factor expression and arrests melanoma cell proliferation: A. Kundu, et al.; Mol. Carcinog. (Epub ahead of print) (2016)
- Intestinal inflammation and the diet: Is food friend or foe? B.W. Megna, et al.; World J. Gastrointest. Surg. 8, 115 (2016)
- Indole-3-carbinol protects against cisplatin-induced acute nephrotoxicity: role of calcitonin gene-related peptide and insulin-like growth factor-1: R.N. El-Naga & Y.F. Mahran; Sci. Rep. 6, 29857 (2016)
- Indole-3-carbinol induces tumor cell death: function follows form: B.W. Megna, et al.; J. Surg. Res. 204, 47 (2016)
- The maternal microbiota drives early postnatal innate immune development: M. Gomez de Aguero, et al.; Science 351, 1296 (2016)