RF-22c [5-Lipoxygenase Inhibitor]
145 CHF CHF 145.00
AG-CR1-3653-M0022 mgCHF 145.00
|Synonyms||3-Dodecyl-4,5-dimethoxy-3,5-cyclohexadiene-1,2-dione; 5-LO Inhibitor RF-22c|
|Purity Chemicals||≥98% (HPLC)|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO (1mg/ml), ethanol or chloroform. Insoluble in water.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR.|
|Other Product Data||
Stock solutions (1mg/ml) are stable up to 1 month when stored at -20°C.
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
Keep cool and dry.
Protect from light and moisture.
Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20°C.
Store solutions at -20°C in the dark.
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Selective and reversible potent inhibitor of human 5-lipoxygenase (5-LO). This enzyme catalyzes two initial steps in the conversion of arachidonic acid into leukotrienes, well known mediators of inflammatory and allergic reactions.
- Potently inhibits 5-LO product synthesis intact human leukocytes, such as neutrophils and monocytes (IC50≥22nM) and in cell-free assays (IC50≥140nM) without affecting 12/15-LOs, cyclooxygenase (COX)-1/2 or arachidonic acid release.
- Anti-inflammatory compound. Shows pronounced effectiveness in different models of inflammation in vivo at 0.1 mg/kg; i.p. Impaired (I) bronchoconstriction in ovalbumin-sensitized mice challenged with acetylcholine, (II) exudate formation in carrageenan-induced paw edema and (III) zymosan-induced leukocyte infiltration in air pouches.
- Novel series of benzoquinones with high potency against 5-lipoxygenase in human polymorphonuclear leukocytes: R. Filosa, et al.; Eur. J. Med. Chem. 94, 132 (2015)
- The 5-lipoxygenase inhibitor RF-22c potently suppresses leukotriene biosynthesis in cellulo and blocks bronchoconstriction and inflammation in vivo: A.M. Schaible, et al.; Biochem. Pharmacol. 112, 60 (2016)
- Optimization of benzoquinone and hydroquinone derivatives as potent inhibitors of human 5-lipoxygenase: A. Peduto, et al.; Eur. J. Med. Chem. 127, 715 (2017)