AG-CN2-0470-C100100 µgCHF 120.00
AG-CN2-0470-M0011 mgCHF 420.00
|Source/Host Chemicals||Synthetic. Originally isolated from Pyxidicoccus fallax HKI 727.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥99% (NMR)|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO, ethanol, methanol, acetone, ethylacetate or chloroform. Insoluble in water or hexane.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
|Handling Advice||Protect from light and moisture.|
Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20°C.
Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at +4°C.
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Potent inhibitor of human 5-lipoxygenase (5-LO). This enzyme catalyzes two initial steps in the conversion of arachidonic acid into leukotrienes, well known mediators of inflammatory and allergic reactions.
- Iron-chelating compound.
- Anticancer antibiotic. Shown to inhibit tumor cell invasion in vitro.
- Antibacterial compound.
- Antioxidant with free radical scavenging activities.
- Myxochelin A, a new iron-chelating compound from Angiococcus disciformis (Myxobacterales). Production, isolation, physico-chemical and biological properties: B. Kunze, et al.; J. Antibiot. 42, 14 (1989)
- Myxochelin A, a cytotoxic antibiotic from the myxobacterium Angiococcus disciformis: J.W. Ahn, et al.; OPEM 2, 64 (2001)
- Antioxidative and free radical scavenging activities of Myxochelin A isolated from Angiococcus sp.(Myxobacteria): H.-H. Lee, et al.; Food Sci. Biotech. 11, 184 (2002)
- Absolute configuration and antitumor activity of myxochelin A produced by Nonomuraea pusilla TP-A0861: S. Miyanaga, et al.; J. Antibiot. 59, 698 (2006)
- Synthesis and evaluation of myxochelin analogues as antimetastatic agents: S. Miyanaga, et al.; Bioorg. Med. Chem. 17, 2724 (2009)
- Myxochelins target human 5-lipoxygenase: S. Schieferdecker, et al.; J. Nat. Prod. 78, 335 (2015)
- Harnessing enzymatic promiscuity in Myxochelin biosynthesis for the production of 5-Lipoxygenase inhibitors: J. Korp, et al.; Chembiochem. 16, 2445 (2015)