200 CHF CHF 200.00
BVT-0068-M0011 mgCHF 200.00
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from Streptomyces sp. Gö 14F.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥98% (HPLC)|
|Solubility||Soluble in 100% ethanol, methanol, DMSO or dimethyl formamide.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR.|
|Declaration||Manufactured by BioViotica.|
|Other Product Data||May undergo transformation to methyl ketal on long term storage in methanol. We recommend the use of fresh solutions.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
|Handling Advice||Protect from light when in solution.|
Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C.
After reconstitution protect from light at -20°C.
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Specific vacuolar-type H+-ATPase inhibitor.
- Inhibitor of autophagic degradation by rising lysosomal pH and thus inactivating the lysosomal acid hydrolases.
- Antibacterial, insecticidal and anthelmintic.
- Antifungal activity, especially against C. albicans.
- Potential anti-osteoporotic agent in treating bone lytic diseases.
- Neuroprotection inducer.
- Cytotoxic activity against SMMC7721 HCC cells.
- Potential candidate for hepatic carcinoma chemotherapy.
- Metabolic products of microorganisms. 224. Bafilomycins, a new group of macrolide antibiotics. Production, isolation, chemical structure and biological activity: G. Werner, et al.; J. Antibiot. (Tokyo) 37, 110 (1984)
- Purification of vacuolar ATPase with bafilomycin C1 affinity chromatography: T.J. Rautiala, et al.; BBRC 194, 50 (1993)
- Bafilolides, potent inhibitors of the motility and development of the free-living stages of parasitic nematodes: E. Lacey, et al.; Int. J. Parasitol. 25, 349 (1995)
- Autophagy, bafilomycin and cell death: the "a-B-cs" of plecomacrolide-induced neuroprotection: J.J. Shacka, et al.; Autophagy 2, 228 (2006) (Review)
- Structure and function of V-ATPases in osteoclasts: potential therapeutic targets for the treatment of osteolysis: J. Xu, et al.; Histol. Histopathol. 222, 443 (2007)
- Low-dose Bafilomycin attenuates neuronal cell death associated with autophagy-lysosome pathway dysfunction: V. Pivtoraiko, et. al.; J. Neurochem. 114, 1193 (2010)
- Alterations in osteoclast function and phenotype induced by different inhibitors of bone resorption-implications for osteoclast quality: A. Neutzsky-Wulff, et. al.; BMC Musculoskel. Disord. 11, 1471 (2010)
- Bafilomycins and Odoriferous Sesquiterpenoids from Streptomyces albolongus Isolated from Elephas maximus Feces: N. Ding, et al.; J. Nat. Prod., 79, 799 (2016)
- Bafilomycin C1 exert antifungal effect through disturbing sterol biosynthesis in Candida albicans: H. Su, et al.; J. Antibiot. 71, 467 (2018)
- Bafilomycin C1 induces G0/G1 cell-cycle arrest and mitochondrial-mediated apoptosis in human hepatocellular cancer SMMC7721 cells: X. Gao, et al.; J. Antibiot. 71, 808 (2018)