BVT-0107-C500500 µgCHF 360.00
BVT-0107-M0011 mgCHF 600.00
|CAS||121548-21-8 and 92092-69-8|
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from Streptomyces griseoflavus.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥98% (HPLC)|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO, methanol of chloroform.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR and UV.|
|Declaration||Manufactured by BioViotica.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
|Handling Advice||Protect from light when in solution.|
Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C.
After reconstitution protect from light at -20°C.
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Antibiotic. Peptide lactone.
- Antibacterial agent (selective). Potent narrow-spectrum antibiotic against coryneform actinomycetes (MIC value 88 pM).
- Quorum sensing modulator. Shows hormonal activity.
- Inducer of morphological differentiation in actinomycetes.
- Stimulator of antibiotic production.
- Inducer of aerial mycelium formation in various actinomycetes.
- Antimalarial (in vitro).
- Rare type of natural product, regulating bacterial behavior and independently function in a defensive antibiotic role.
- Takaokamycin, a new peptide antibiotic produced by Streptomyces sp.: S. Omura, et al.; J. Antibiot. 37, 700 (1984)
- Hormaomycin, a novel peptide lactone with morphogenetic activity on Streptomyces: N. Andres, et al.; Helv. Chim. Acta 72, 426 (1989)
- Hormaomycin, a new peptide lactone antibiotic effective in inducing cytodifferentiation and antibiotic biosynthesis in some Streptomyces species: N. Andres, et al.; Z. Naturforsch. 45, 850 (1990)
- Elucidation of the structure of hormaomycin: E. Rössner, et al.; Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 29, 64 (1990)
- In vitro antimalarial activities of the microbial metabolites: K. Otoguro, et al.; J. Antibiot. 56, 322 (2003)
- Final elucidation of the absolute configuration of the signal metabolite hormaomycin: B.D. Zlatopolskiy, et al.; Eur. J. Chem. 10, 4708 (2004)
- First total synthesis of hormaomycin, a naturally occurring depsipeptide with interesting biological activities: B.D. Zlatopolskiy, et al.; Eur. J. Chem. 10, 4718 (2004)
- The biosynthesis of 3-(trans-2-nitrocyclopropyl)alanine, a constituent of the signal metabolite hormaomycin: M. Brandl, et al.; Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2004, 123 (2004)
- Effect of the solvent on the conformation of a depsipeptide: NMR-derived solution structure of hormaomycin in dmso from residual dipolar couplings in a novel dmso-compatible alignment medium: U.M. Reinscheid, et al.; ChemBioChem 7, 287 (2006)
- Synthesis and precursor-directed biosynthesis of new hormaomycin analogues: B.D. Zlatopolskiy, et al.; Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2006, 1525 (2006)
- Insights into the biosynthesis of hormaomycin, an exceptionally complex bacterial signaling metabolite: I. Höfer, et al.; Chem. Biol. 18, 381 (2011)