110 CHF CHF 110.00
BVT-0152-M0011 mgCHF 110.00
BVT-0152-M0055 mgCHF 440.00
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from Roseobacter gallaeciensis.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥98% (HPLC)|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO, methanol or acetone.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR and UV.|
|Declaration||Manufactured by BioViotica.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C.
Store solutions at -20°C in the dark.
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Antibiotic. Isomeric to thiotropocin.
- Antibacterial. Active against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria.
- Antifungal and anti-nematodical.
- Shows antitumor activity.
- Cytotoxic against selected mammalian neuronal cell lines.
- Bacterial signal substance.
- Thiotropocin, a new sulfur-containing 7-membered-ring antibiotic produced by a Pseudomonas sp.: K. Kintaka, et al.; J. Antibiot. 37, 1294 (1984)
- Thiotropocin biosynthesis. Shikimate origin of a sulfur-containing tropolone derivative: D.E. Cane, et al.; JACS 114, 8479 (1992)
- Investigation of secondary metabolites of North Sea bacteria: fermentation, isolation, structure elucidation and bioactivity: L. Liang; Dissertation Univ. Goettingen page 1-136 (2003) [TDA isolation, spectral data, cryst. Structure]
- Antibiotic production by a Roseobacter clade-affiliated species from the German Wadden Sea and its anta-gonistic effects on indigenous isolates: T. Brinkhoff, et al.; Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 70, 2560 (2004)
- Computational studies of the tropone natural products, thiotropocin, tropodithietic acid, and troposulfenin. Significance of thiocarbonyl-enol tautomerism: E.M. Greer, et al.; J. Org. Chem. 73, 280 (2008)
- Genetic dissection of tropodithietic acid biosynthesis by marine Roseobacters: H. Geng, et al.; Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 74, 1535 (2008)
- Expression of tropodithietic acid biosynthesis is controlled by a novel autoinducer: H. Geng & R. Belas; J. Bacteriol. 192, 4377 (2010)
- Resistance and tolerance to tropodithietic acid, an antimicrobial in aquaculture, is hard to select: C. H. Porsby, et al.; Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 55, 1332 (2011)
- Tropodithietic acid production in Phaeobacter gallaeciensis is regulated by N-acyl homoserine lactone-mediated quorum sensing: M. Berger, et al.; J. Bacteriol. 193, 6576 (2011)
- Genetic analysis of the upper phenylacetate catabolic pathway in the production of tropodithietic acid by Phaeobacter gallaeciensis: M. Berger, et al.; Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 78, 3539 (2012)
- A novel inducer of Roseobacter motility is also a disruptor of algal symbiosis: P. Sule & R. Belas; J. Bacteriol. 195, 637 (2013)
- Characterisation of non-autoinducing tropodithietic acid (TDA) production from marine sponge Pseudovibrio species: C. Harrington, et al.; Mar. Drugs 12, 5960 (2014)
- Biofilm formation and antibiotic production in Ruegeria mobilis are influenced by intracellular concentrations of cyclic dimeric guanosinmonophosphate: P.W. D'Alvise, et al.; Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 16, 1252 (2014)
- Biosynthesis of the antibiotic tropodithieticacid by the marine bacterium Phaeobacter inhibens: N.L. Brock, et al.; Chem. Comm. 50, 5487 (2014)
- Phaeobacter inhibens from the Roseobacter clade has an environmental niche as a surface colonizer in harbors: L. Gram, et al.; System. Appl. Microbiol. 38, 483 (2015)
- Cytotoxic effects of tropodithietic acid on mammalian clonal cell lines of neuronal and glial origin: H. Wichmann, et al.; Mar. Drugs 13, 7113 (2015)
- Influence of iron on production of the antibacterial compound tropodithietic acid and its noninhibitory analog in Phaeobacter inhibens: P. W. D`Alvise, et al.; Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 82, 502 (2016)
- Mode of action and resistance studies unveil new roles for tropodithietic acid as an anticancer agent and the γ glutamyl cycle as a proton sink: M. Wilson, et al.; PNAS 113, 1630 (2016)
- Dual function of tropodithietic acid as antibiotic and signaling molecule in global gene regulation of the probiotic bacterium Phaeobacter inhibens: P.G. Beyersmann, et al.; Sci. Rep. 7, 730 (2017)