Dimethylsulfoniopropionate (DMSP) . hydrochloride
140 CHF CHF 140.00
BVT-0468-M100100 mgCHF 140.00
|Synonyms||3-Dimethylsulfoniopropionate; Dimethylpropiothetin (DMPT); (2-Carboxyethyl)dimethylsulfonium betaine|
|Formula||C5H10O2S . HCl|
|MW||134.2 . 36.5|
|Purity Chemicals||≥98% (NMR)|
|Appearance||White needles. Stable salt form.|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO, methanol or water.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR.|
|Declaration||Manufactured by BioViotica.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Naturally occurring organosulfur compound.
- Osmolyte, osmoprotectant.
- Neuroprotective agent. Neuritogenic.
- Acts against immune-deficient diseases (e.g. cancer).
- Important in geochemistry, ecology and algal/plant physiology.
- Chemoattractant for marine planktonic microbes and planktivorous reef fishes.
- Metabolite produced primarily by marine phytoplankton and is the main precursor to the climatically important gas dimethylsulfide (DMS).
- A precursor of the dimethyl sulphide evolved by Polysiphonia fastigiata. Dimethyl-2-carboxyethylsulphonium hydroxide and its salts: F. Challenger & M.I. Simpson; J. Chem. Soc. 1591 (1948)
- An antioxidant function for DMSP and DMS in marine algae: W. Sunda, et al.; Nature 418, 317 (2002)
- Direct quantification of dimethylsulfoniopropionate (DMSP) with hydrophilic interaction liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry: A. Spielmeyer & G. Pohnert; J. Chromatogr. B, 878, 3238 (2010)
- Novel pathwax for the assimilation of dimethylsulfoniopropionate widespread in marine bacteria: C.R. Reisch, et al.; Nature 473, 208 (2011)
- DMSP biosynthesis by an animal and its role in coral thermal stress response: J.-B. Raina, et al.; Nature 502, 677 (2013)
- Defence chemistry modulation by light and temperature shifts and the resulting effects on associated epibacteria of Fucus vesiculosus: M. Saha, et al.; PLoS One 9, e105333 (2014)
- Amelioration effect of a tertiary sulfonium compound, dimethylsulfoniopropionate, in green sea algae on Ehrlich Ascitic-tumor, solid tumor and related diseases: K. Nakajima; in Handbook Anticancer Drugs from Marine Origin (ed. S.-K. Kim), 205 (2015)
- The chemical biology of dimethylsulfoniopropionate: J.S. Dickschat, et al.; Org. Biomol. Chem. 13, 1954 (2015)