anti-ZBP1, mAb (Zippy-1)
Cell extracts from L929 cell either unstimulated (lane 1) or stimulated for 24h with poly(dA.dT) poly(dT.dA) at 3μg/ml (lane 2) were resolved by SDS-PAGE under reducing conditions, transferred to nitrocellulose and incubated with the anti-ZBP1, mAb (Zippy-1) at a 1:1000 dilution for 1 hour. Proteins were visualized using a peroxidase-conjugated polyclonal antibody to mouse IgG and a chemiluminescence detection system. The multiple bands represent isoforms or degradation products of ZBP1 since they are down regulated upon ZBP1 siRNA treatment (data not shown).
|Synonyms||Z-DNA-binding Protein 1; Tumor Stroma and Activated Macrophage Protein DLM-1; DNA-dependent Activator of IFN-regulatory Factors; DAI|
|Product Type||Monoclonal Antibody|
|Source/Host||Purified from concentrated hybridoma tissue culture supernatant.|
|Immunogen/Antigen||Recombinant mouse ZBP1 (aa 1-411).|
Immunocytochemistry: (1:500) (see reference 1)
Western Blot: (1:1’000)
|Specificity||Recognizes human and mouse ZBP1.|
|Purity Detail||Protein G-affinity purified.|
|Formulation||Liquid. In PBS containing 10% glycerol and 0.02% sodium azide.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
After opening, prepare aliquots and store at -20°C.
Avoid freeze/thaw cycles.
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
ZBP1 is an interferon inducible protein that binds to cytoplasmic DNA and plays a role in host defense against tumors and pathogens. ZBP1 is highly expressed in lymphatic tissues including lymph node, leukocytes, tonsil, bone marrow and spleen. ZBP1 is an innate immune sensor of Influenza A virus (IAV). ZBP1 regulates NLRP3 (nucleotide and oligomerization domain, leucine-rich repeat-containing protein family, pyrin domain containing 3) inflammasome activation as well as induction of different types of cell death (apoptosis, necroptosis and pyroptosis) during IAV infection.
- ZBP1/DAI is an innate sensor of influenza virus triggering the NLRP3 inflammasome and programmed cell death pathways: T. Kuriakose, et al.; Sci. Immunol. 1, aag2045 (2016)
- DAI senses Influenza A virus genomic RNA and activates RIPK3-dependent cell death: R.J. Thapa, et al.; Cell Host & Microbe 20, 674 (2016)
- RIPK1 counteracts ZBP1-mediated necroptosis to inhibit inflammation: J. Lin, et al.; Nature 540, 124 (2016)
- RIPK1 inhibits ZBP1-driven necroptosis during development: K. Newton, et al.; Nature 540, 129 (2016)
- IRF1 Is a Transcriptional Regulator of ZBP1 Promoting NLRP3 Inflammasome Activation and Cell Death during Influenza Virus Infection: T. Kuriakose, et al.; J. Immunol. ahead of print (2018)
- Constitutive interferon signaling maintains critical threshold of MLKL expression to license necroptosis: J. Sarhan, et al.; Cell Death Diff. ahead of print (2018)