Jasplakinolide (high purity)
AG-CN2-0037-C05050 µgCHF 220.00
AG-CN2-0037-C100100 µgCHF 370.00
|Synonyms||Jaspamide; NSC 613009|
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from Jaspis splendens.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥98% (HPLC)|
|Solubility||Soluble in ethanol, methanol or DMSO.|
|Identity||Determined by MS.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
|Handling Advice||Protect from light.|
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Cell permeable, non-fluorescent F-actin probe [3, 8, 12].
- Potent inducer of actin polymerization and stabilization [3, 8, 12].
- Competes with phallotoxins for actin binding .
- Antifungal and antiparasitic compound [1, 2, 9].
- Antiproliferative and anticancer compound [3, 4, 5].
- Apoptosis enhancer/inducer [6, 10].
- Tool used for autophagy/phagocytosis research [7, 11, 13].
- Jasplakinolide, a cyclodepsipeptide from the marine sponge, Jaspis sp: P. Crews, et al.; Tetrahedron Lett. 27, 2797 (1986)
- Jaspamide, a modified peptide from a Jaspis sponge, with insecticidal and antifungal activity: T.M. Zabriskie, et al.; JACS 108, 3123 (1986)
- Jasplakinolide, a cytotoxic natural product, induces actin polymerization and competitively inhibits the binding of phalloidin to F-actin: M.R. Bubb, et al.; J. Biol. Chem. 269, 14869 (1994)
- Jasplakinolide's inhibition of the growth of prostate carcinoma cells in vitro with disruption of the actin cytoskeleton: A.M. Senderowicz, et al.; J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 87, 46 (1995)
- Growth modulation and differentiation of acute myeloid leukemia cells by jaspamide: I. Fabian, et al.; Exp. Hematol. 23, 583 (1995)
- Actin stabilization by jasplakinolide enhances apoptosis induced by cytokine deprivation: S.C. Posey & B.E. Bierer; J. Biol. Chem. 274, 4259 (1999)
- Alteration of actin organization by jaspamide inhibits ruffling, but not phagocytosis or oxidative burst, in HL-60 cells and human monocytes: I. Fabian, et al.; Blood 93, 3994 (1999)
- Jasplakinolide. An actin-specific reagent that promotes actin polymerization: A. Holzinger; Methods Mol. Biol. 161, 109 (2001) (Review)
- Effect of jasplakinolide on the growth, invasion, and actin cytoskeleton of Plasmodium falciparum: Y. Mizuno, et al.; Parasitol. Res. 88, 844 (2002)
- Induction of apoptosis and CD10/neutral endopeptidase expression by jaspamide in HL-60 line cells: D.P. Cioca & K. Kitano; Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 59, 1377 (2002)
- Clearance of a Hirano body-like F-actin aggresome generated by jasplakinolide: F. Lázaro-Diéguez, et al.; Autophagy 4, 717 (2008)
- Jasplakinolide: an actin-specific reagent that promotes actin polymerization: A. Holzinger; Methods Mol. Biol. 586, 71 (2009) (Review)
- Dynamic macrophage "probing" is required for the efficient capture of phagocytic targets: R.S. Flannagan, et al.; J. Cell Biol. 191, 1205 (2010)