45 CHF CHF 45.00
AG-CR1-3567-M0011 mgCHF 45.00
AG-CR1-3567-M0055 mgCHF 115.00
|Synonyms||Demecolcine; BRN 2822892|
|Merck Index||14: 2887|
|Source/Host Chemicals||Semisynthetic from colchicine (Prod. No. AG-CN2-0048).|
|Purity Chemicals||≥98% (HPLC)|
|Appearance||White to off-white powder.|
|Solubility||Soluble in ethanol, DMSO or chloroform.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Anti-cancer compound [2, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14].
- Cell synchronization agent. Used as a drug in chemotherapy by synchronizing tumor cells at metaphase, the radiosensitive stage of the cell cycle [11, 12, 14].
- Microtubule assembly inhibitor. Depolymerizes microtubules and limits microtubule formation (inactivates spindle fibre formation) [1, 4, 5, 14].
- Inhibits mitosis during cell division at metaphase by inhibiting spindle formation [2, 5, 7, 8, 14].
- Low concentrations affect microtubule dynamics and cell migration, while high concentrations promote microtubule detachment from microtubule organizing center .
- Apoptosis inducer [9, 13].
- Thrombopoietic agent .
- Effect of colcemid on fibroblast motility: M.H. Gail & C.W. Boone; Exp. Cell Res. 65, 221 (1971)
- Mitosis in human leukemic leukocytes during colcemid inhibition and recovery: M. McGill & B. R. Brinkley; Cancer Res. 32, 746 (1972)
- The effects of colcemid on hematopoiesis in the mouse: P.A. Bunn Jr., et al.; J. Clin. Invest. 58, 1280 (1976)
- Colcemid and colchicine binding to tubulin. Similarity and dissimilarity: A.C. Banerjee & B. Bhattacharyya; FEBS Lett. 99, 333 (1979)
- Comparison of mitostatic effect, cell uptake and tubulin-binding activity on colchicine and colcemid: A.S. Serpinskaya, et al.; Biochim. Biophys. Acta 673, 86 (1981)
- Action of demecolcine (colcemid) in the murine sarcoma 180 tumor: T. Nomura & J.E. Plager; Cancer Treat. Rep. 65, 283 (1981)
- Colcemid effects on B16 melanoma cell progression and aberrant mitotic division: B.K. Bhuyan, et al.; J. Cell Physiol. 132, 237 (1987)
- Colcemid and the mitotic cycle: C.L. Rieder & R.E. Palazzo; J. Cell. Sci. 102, 387 (1992)
- Induction of apoptosis by the anti-tubulin drug colcemid: relationship of mitotic checkpoint control to the induction of apoptosis in HeLa S3 cells: S.W. Sherwood, et al.; Exp. Cell. Res. 215, 373 (1994)
- Effects of colcemid concentration on chromosome aberration analysis in human lymphocytes: R. Kanda, et al.; J. Radiat. Res. (Tokyo) 35, 41 (1994)
- Cell cycle arrest by Colcemid differs in human normal and tumor cells: M.N. Jha, et al.; Cancer Res. 54, 5011 (1994)
- Dissociation of nuclear and cytoplasmic cell cycle progression by drugs employed in cell synchronization: L. Urbani, et al.; Exp. Cell. Res. 219, 159 (1995)
- Expression of apoptosis and cell cycle related genes in proliferating and colcemid arrested cells of divergent lineage: B.W. Gallaher, et al.; Cell. Mol. Biol. 46, 79 (2000)
- Inhibition of Cell Migration and Cell Division Correlates with Distinct Effects of Microtubule Inhibiting Drugs: H. Yang, et al.; J. Biol. Chem. 285, 32242 (2010)