BVT-0473-M0011 mgCHF 260.00
BVT-0473-M0055 mgCHF 790.00
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from Chromobacterium violaceum.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥97% (HPLC, NMR)|
|Appearance||Dark purple to black solid.|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO. Partially soluble in methanol. Insoluble in water and usual organic solvents.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR.|
|Declaration||Manufactured by BioViotica.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
|Handling Advice||Protect from light.|
Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C.
After reconstitution protect from light at -20°C.
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Antibacterial, antifungal and antiprotozoal agent.
- Quorum sensing metabolite.
- Antitumor compound.
- Protective against UV-C irradiation.
- Possesses immunomodulatory, analgesic and antipyretic activity.
- Antiulcerogenic and antiviral agent.
- Indole-derived purple-colored pigment (free of deoxyviolacein).
- The synthesis of violacein and related compounds: J.A. Ballantine, et al.; J. Chem. Soc. [London] 1960, 2292 (1960)
- Evaluation of the antiulcerogenic activity of violacein and its modulation by the inclusion complexation with beta-cyclodextrin: N. Duran, et al.; Can. J. Physiol. Pharmacol. 81, 387 (2003)
- Cytotoxicity and potential antiviral evaluation of violacein produced by Chromobacterium violaceum: C.R. Andrighetti-Froehner, et al.; Mem. Inst. Oswaldo Cruz. 98, 843 (2003)
- Violacein: properties and biological activities: N. Duran, et al.; Biotechn. Appl. Biochem. 48, 127 (2007)
- The protective effects of the violacein pigment against UV-C irradiation in Chromobacterium violaceum: A.N. Abboud & A. Arment; Ohio J. Sci. 111, 28 (2013)
- Violacein: properties and production of a versatile bacterial pigment: S.Y. Choi, et al.; Biomed Res. Int. 2015, 1 (2015)
- Violacein treatment modulates acute and chronic inflammation through the suppression of cytokine production and induction of regulatory T cells: L. Verinaud, et al.; PLoS One 10, e0125409 (2015)
- Violacein induces cell death by triggering mitochondrial membrane hyperpolarization in vitro: A.M. Leal, et al.; Microbiol. 15, 1 (2015)
- Synergistic combination of violacein and azoles that leads to enhanced killing of major human pathogenic dermatophytic fungi Trichophyton rubrum: S. Anju, et al.; Front. Cell. Infect. Microbiol. 2015, 557 (2015)
- Antifungal activity of violacein purified from a novel strain of Chromobacterium sp. NIIST (MTCC 5522): A. Sasidharan, et al.; J. Microbiol. [Seoul] 53, 694 (2015)
- Violacein, an indole-derived purple-colored natural pigment produced by Janthinobacterium lividum, inhibits the growth of head and neck carcinoma cell lines both in vitro and in vivo: L. Masuelli, et al.; Tumor Biol. 37, 3705 (2016)
- Violacein induces apoptosis in human breast cancer cells through up regulation of BAX, p53 and down regulation of MDM2: A.A. Alshatwi, et al.; Exp. Toxicol. Pathol. 68, 89 (2016)
- Advances in Chromobacterium violaceum and properties of violacein-Its main secondary metabolite: A review: N. Duran, et al.; Biotechnol. Adv. 34, 1030 (2016)
- Violacein antimicrobial activity on Staphylococcus epidermidis and synergistic effect on commercially available antibiotics: H.V. Dodou, et al.; J. Appl. Microbiol. 123, 853 (2017)
- Violacein and bacterial predation: promising alternatives for priority multidrug resistant human pathogens: S.Y. Choi, et al.; Future Microbiol. 12, 835 (2017)
- Antibacterial mode of action of violacein from Chromobacterium violaceum UTM5 against Staphylococcus aureus and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA): C.A. Aruldass, et al.; Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res. 25, 5164 (2017)
- Antimicrobial effects of violacein against planktonic cells and biofilms of staphylococcus aureus: A. Batista, et al.; Molecules 22, 1534 (2017)
- Action and function of Chromobacterium violaceum in health and disease: Violacein as a promising metabolite to counteract gastroenterological diseases: G. Justo & N. Duran; Best. Pract. Res. Clin. Gastroenterol. 31, 649 (2017)