190 CHF CHF 190.00
BVT-0480-C250250 µgCHF 190.00
BVT-0480-M0011 mgCHF 575.00
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from Streptomyces sp.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥98% (HPLC)|
|Appearance||White to off-white solid.|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO, pyridine, toluene, benzene or acetonitrile. Insoluble in water. We recommend to avoid solutions in methanol. Protect from pH-values below pH 4.0 and above pH 8.0.|
|Identity||Determined by coupled HPLC-UV-high resolution mass spectrometry (ESI(+)-TOF), 1H-NMR and 13C-NMR spectroscopy.|
|Declaration||Manufactured by BioViotica.|
|Other Product Data||
Note: The NMR-spectra shows a mixture of two conformers (ratio 4:1) due to the rotating of the propenyl unit resulting in a syn- and anti-rotamer.
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
Keep cool and dry.
Protect from light when in solution.
Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C.
Store solutions at -20°C in the dark.
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Collinolactone has neuroprotective and anti-neurodegenerative effects by reducing intracellular oxidative stress. It protects against glutamate-induced oxidative stress in a dose-dependent manner.
- Collinolactone is a potential anti-Alzheimer agent with Aβ-disaggregating activity. It showed dissociative effect on Aβ aggregates and tau tangles in vitro, with significantly reduced apoptosis and inflammation in neuronal and glial cells. In vivo studies on APP/PS1 double transgenic mice showed substantially dissociated hippocampal plaques.
- A set of semisynthetic collinolactone analogs (but not collinolactone) has shown inhibitory effects on a L929 cell line.
- Big effects from small changes: possible ways to explore nature's chemical diversity: H.B. Bode, et al.; Chembiochem 3, 619 (2002)
- Rhizolutin, a novel 7/10/6-tricyclic dilactone, dissociates misfolded protein aggregates and reduces apoptosis/inflammation associated with Alzheimer's Disease: Y. Kwon, et al.; Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 59, 22994 (2020)
- Structure of cyclodecatriene collinolactone, its biosynthesis, and semisynthetic analogues: effects of monoastral phenotype and protection from intracellular oxidative stress: J.C. Schmid, et al.; Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 60, 23212 (2021)