BVT-0013-C250250 µgCHF 100.00
BVT-0013-M0011 mgCHF 300.00
|Synonyms||UK1; Methyl 2'-(2-hydroxyphenyl)-[2,4'-bibenzo[d]oxazole]-4-carboxylate; 2'-(2-Hydroxyphenyl)-(2,4'-bibenzoxazole)-4-carboxylic acid methyl ester|
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from Streptomyces sp. K17/9.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥98% (HPLC)|
|Appearance||White to off-white solid.|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO, acetone or dimethylformamide.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR.|
|Declaration||Manufactured by BioViotica.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C.
After reconstitution protect from light at -20°C.
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Topoisomerase II (Topo II) inhibitor. Mg2+- and Zn2+-dependent DNA binding agent.
- Potent anticancer compound.
- UK-1, a novel cytotoxic metabolite from Streptomyces sp. 517-02. I. Taxonomy, fermentation, isolation, physico-chemical and biological properties: M. Ueki, et al.; J. Antibiot. 46, 1089 (1993)
- UK-1, a novel cytotoxic metabolite from Streptomyces sp. 517-02. II. Structural elucidation: K. Shibata, et al.; J. Antibiot. 46, 1095 (1993)
- UK-1, a novel cytotoxic metabolite from Streptomyces sp. 517-02. III. Antibacterial action of demethyl UK-1: M. Ueki and M. Taniguchi; J. Antibiot. 50, 788 (1997)
- UK-1, a novel cytotoxic metabolite from Streptomyces sp. 517-02. IV. Antifungal action of methyl UK-1: M. Ueki, et al.; J. Antibiot. 51, 883 (1998)
- The novel bis(benzoxazole) cytotoxic natural product UK-1 is a magnesium ion-dependent DNA binding agent and inhibitor of human topoisomerase II: M.B. Reynolds, et al.; Bioorg. Chem. 27, 326 (1999)
- Evaluation of complexation of metal-mediated DNA-binding drugs to oligonucleotides via electrospray ionization mass spectrometry: M.L. Reyzer, et al.; Nucl. Acids Res. 29, E103 (2001)
- Synthesis and evaluation of anticancer benzoxazoles and benzimidazoles related to UK-1: D. Kumar, et al.; Bioorg. Med. Chem. 10, 3997 (2002)
- Critical structural motif for the catalytic inhibition of human topoisomerase II by UK-1 and analogs: B.B. Wang, et al.; Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 14, 3221 (2004)
- Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some 5-[2-(morpholin-4-yl)acetamido] and/or 5-[2-(4-substituted piperazin-1-yl)acetamido]-2-(p-substituted phenyl)benzoxazoles: O. Temiz-Arpaci, et al.; Arch. Pharm. 338, 105 (2005)
- Synthesis and anticancer evaluation of bis(benzimidazoles), bis(benzoxazoles), and benzothiazoles: S.T. Huang, et al.; Bioorg. Med. Chem. 14, 6106 (2006)