anti-Asc, pAb (AL177) (preservative free)
Total protein extracts from various human (293-T, Jurkat, Raj, Ramos, BJAB, THP-1, U937, K562, Raw, HeLa) and mouse (EL-4, A20) cell lines were run on SDS-PAGE and Pycard detected by anti-Asc, pAb (AL177) at 1:1’000 dilution. Anti-rabbit IgG coupled horse radish peroxidase was used at 1:5’000 dilution for ECL detection.
|Synonyms||Pycard; Target of Methylation-induced Silencing 1; TMS1; Caspase Recruitment Domain-containing Protein 5; Apoptosis-associated Speck-like Protein Containing CARD; CARD5|
|Product Type||Polyclonal Antibody|
|Immunogen/Antigen||Synthetic peptide corresponding to aa at the N-terminal human Asc.|
Flow Cytometry (1:1000; Reference 22)
The antibody AL177 can be used to measure inflammasome activation in vivo, detecting Asc speck formation by immunofluorescence and by Flow Cytometry.
Recognizes human and mouse Asc.
|Purity Detail||Epitope-affinity purified.|
|Formulation||Liquid. In PBS.|
|Isotype Negative Control|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
After opening, prepare aliquots and store at -20°C.
Avoid freeze/thaw cycles.
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
Asc promotes caspase-mediated apoptosis. This proapoptotic activity is mediated predominantly through the activation of caspase-9. It is a component of the inflammasome, a protein complex which also includes NLRP3/NALP3, CARD8 and CASP1 and whose function is the activation of proinflammatory caspases.
- NALP3 forms an IL-1beta-processing inflammasome with increased activity in Muckle-Wells autoinflammatory disorder: L. Agostini, et al.; Immunity 20, 319 (2004)
- P2X7 Receptor Differentially Couples to Distinct Release Pathways for IL-1beta in Mouse Macrophage: P. Pelegrin, et al.; J. Immunol. 180, 7147 (2008)
- Inflammatory role of ASC in antigen-induced arthritis is independent of caspase-1, NALP-3, and IPAF: L. Kolly, et al.; J. Immunol. 183, 4003 (2009) [IF]
- Activation of autophagy by inflammatory signals limits IL-1b production by targeting ubiquitinated inflammasomes for destruction: C.-S. Shi, et al.; Nat. Immunol. 13, 255 (2012)
- NLRP3 is activated in Alzheimer's disease and contributes to pathology in APP/PS1 mice: M.T. Heneka, et al.; Nature 493, 674 (2013) [IF]
- Measuring inflammasome activation in response to bacterial infection: P. Broz & D.M. Monack; Methods Mol. Biol. 1040, 65 (2013)
- Promyelocytic leukemia protein interacts with the apoptosis-associated speck-like protein to limit inflammasome activation: J.K. Dowling, et al.; J. Biol. Chem. 289, 6429 (2014)
- Localization and functionality of the inflammasome in neutrophils: M. Bakele, et al.; J. Biol. Chem. 289, 5320 (2014)
- The adaptor ASC has extracellular and 'prionoid' activities that propagate inflammation: B.S. Franklin, et al.; Nat. Immunol. 15, 727 (2014) [IF]
- The NLRP3 inflammasome is released as a particulate danger signal that amplifies the inflammatory response: A. Baroja-Mazo, et al.; Nat. Immunol. 15, 738 (2014)
- Aging-associated TNF production primes inflammasome activation and Nlrp3-related metabolic disturbances: F. Bauernfeind, et al.; J. Immunol. 197, 2900 (2016)
- Measuring NLR Oligomerization II: Detection of ASC Speck Formation by Confocal Microscopy and Immunofluorescence: M. Beilharz, et al.; Methods Mol. Biol. 1417, 145 (2016)
- Cell-Free Assay for Inflammasome Activation: Y. Jamilloux & F. Martinon; Methods Mol. Biol. 1417, 207 (2016)
- The inflammasome pathway in stable COPD and acute exacerbations: R. Faner, et al.; ERJ Open Res. 2, 00002-2016 (2016) [IF]
- A single domain antibody fragment that recognizes the adaptor ASC defines the role of ASC domains in inflammasome assembly: F.I. Schmidt, et al.; J. Exp. Med. 213, 771 (2016) [IF]
- Detection of ASC Oligomerization by Western Blotting: J. Lugrin & F. Martinon; Bio Protoc. 7, e2292 (2017) (Protocol)
- Microglia-derived ASC specks cross-seed amyloid-β in Alzheimer's disease: C. Venegas, et al.; Nature 552, 355 (2017) [IF]
- The IL-1/IL-1 receptor axis and tumor cell released inflammasome adaptor ASC are key regulators of TSLP secretion by cancer associated fibroblasts in pancreatic cancer: E. Brunetto, et al.; J. Immunother. Cancer 7, 45 (2019) [IF]
- NLRP3 inflammasome activation drives tau pathology: C. Ising, et al.; Nature 575, 669 (2019) [IF]
- Human NLRP1 is a sensor for double-stranded RNA: S. Bauernfried, et al.; Science 371, 482 (2021)
- DDX3X coordinates host defense against influenza virus by activating the NLRP3 inflammasome and type I interferon response: S. Kesavardhana, et al.; J. Biol. Chem. 296, 100579 (2021)
- Instructions for Flow Cytometric Detection of ASC Specks as a Readout of Inflammasome Activation in Human Blood: N. Wittmann, et al.; Cells 10, 2880 (2021) [Flow Cytometry]
- Oxidized DNA fragments exit mitochondria via mPTP- and VDAC-dependent channels to activate NLRP3 inflammasome and interferon signaling: H. Xian, et al.; Immunity 55, 1370 (2022)