AG-CR1-3704-M0055 mgCHF 190.00
AG-CR1-3704-M01010 mgCHF 320.00
|Synonyms||(3E,5E)-1-Methyl-3,5-bis(2-pyridinylmethylene)-4-piperidinone; Monocarbonyl Analog of Curcumin|
|Purity Chemicals||≥95% (HPLC)|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO or methanol.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR.|
|Other Product Data||
Note: Always prepare and use fresh solution. We recommend to use the fresh solution within the same day. The product can degrade in solution over time.
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
Keep cool and dry.
Protect from light.
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Most water soluble synthetic monocarbonyl analog of curcumin (MAC) for in vitro and in vivo application.
- Potently inhibits NF-κB and its nuclear translocation by suppressing IKK-α and IKK-β, consequently leading to apoptosis.
- Potent DNA hypomethylating agent. Inhibits HSP90 and NF-κB leading to downregulation of DNA methyltransferase-1 (DNMT-1) expression.
- Cytotoxic against several cancers in vitro and in vivo. Shows excellent activity against xenografts of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma, pancreatic cancer, colon cancer and breast cancer.
- Antiangiogenic agent. Induces the downregulation of HIF-1α, HSP90, COX-2 and VEGF in tumor samples from xenograft models compared to untreated xenografts.
- Shows preventive effects on bone loss induced by breast cancer cell bone metastasis. Found to have a potential stimulating effect on osteoblastogenesis and a suppressive effect on osteoclastogenesis in vitro through Smad activation and NF-κB inhibition. May have promise in the development into an antiosteoporotic agent capable of promoting new bone formation while simultaneously reducing bone resorption.
- Novel curcumin analogue UBS109 potently stimulates osteoblastogenesis and suppresses osteoclastogenesis: involvement in Smad activation and NF-kB inhibition: M. Yamaguchi, et al.; Integr. Biol. 4, 905 (2012)
- Novel synthetic curcumin analogues EF31 and UBS109 are potent DNA hypomethylating agents in pancreatic cancer: G. Nagaraju, et al.; Cancer Lett. 341, 195 (2013)
- Curcumin analogue UBS109 prevents bone loss in breast cancer bone metastasis mouse model: involvement in osteoblastogenesis and osteoclastogenesis: M. Yamaguchi, et al.; Cell Tissue Res. 357, 245 (2014)
- Liver S9 Fraction-Derived Metabolites of Curcumin Analogue UBS109: T.W. Moore, et al.; Med. Chem. Lett. 5, 288 (2014)
- Curcumin analog UBS109 prevents bone marrow osteoblastogenesis and osteoclastogenesis disordered by coculture with breast cancer MDA-MB-231 bone metastatic cells in vitro: M. Yamaguchi, et al.; Mol. Cell Biochem. 401, 1 (2015)
- Eliminating the Heart from the Curcumin Molecule: Monocarbonyl Curcumin Mimics (MACs): D. Shetty, et al.; Molecules 20, 249 (2015) (Review)
- Inhibition of breast cancer metastasis to the lungs with UBS109: M. Shoji, et al.; Oncotarget 9, 36102 (2018)
- Curcumin and derivatives function through protein phosphatase 2A and presenilin orthologues in Dictyostelium discoideum: M. Cocorocchio, et al.; Dis. Mod. Mechan. 11, dmm032375 (2018)