95 CHF CHF 95.00
BVT-0267-M0011 mgCHF 95.00
BVT-0267-M0055 mgCHF 330.00
|Merck Index||14: 3497|
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from Streptomyces echinatus.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥98% (HPLC)|
|Appearance||White to off-white solid.|
|Solubility||Soluble in acetone, DMSO (50 mg/ml), methanol, dichloromethane or ethyl acetate.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR.|
|Declaration||Manufactured by BioViotica.|
|Other Product Data||
Contains traces of water.
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C.
After reconstitution protect from light at -20°C.
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Antitumor compound.
- Powerful, selective inhibitor of nucleic acid synthesis in vitro.
- Potent hypoxia-inducible factor 1 (HIF-1) DNA binding activity inhibitor.
- Apoptosis inducer.
- Antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral.
- A "quinoxaline antibiotic" similar to the triostins, q.v.: I. Kuroya, et al.; J. Antibiot. 14A, 324 (1961)
- Identity of levomycin and quinomycin A (echimomycin): K. Katagiri, et al.; J. Antibiot. 15, 273 (1962)
- The mode of action of quinoxaline antibiotics. Interaction of quinomycin A with deoxyribonucleic acid: K. Sato, et al.; J. Antibiot. 20, 270 (1967)
- Echinomycin binding sites on DNA: M.M. Van Dyke & P.B. Dervan; Science 225, 1122 (1984)
- Kinetic evidence that echinomycin migrates between potential DNA binding sites: K.R. Fox & M.J. Waring; Nucl. Acids Res. 13, 595 (1985)
- Effect of echinomycin on DNA methylation: R.L. Adams & A. Rinaldi; FEBS Lett. 215, 266 (1987)
- Echinomycin and a novel analogue induce apoptosis of HT-29 cells via the activation of MAP kinases pathway: J.Y. Park, et al.; Pharmacol. Res. 50, 201 (2004)
- Echinomycin, a small-molecule inhibitor of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 DNA-binding activity: D. Kong, et al.; Cancer Res. 65, 9047 (2005)
- Molecular signaling cascade in DNA bisintercalator, echinomycin-induced apoptosis of HT-29 cells: evidence of the apoptotic process via activation of the cytochrome c-ERK-caspase-3 pathway: J.Y. Park, et al.; Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 38, 244 (2006)
- Interaction of an echinomycin-DNA complex with manganese ions: R. Pfoh, et al.; Acta Cryst. F65, 660 (2009)
- Effects of the HIF1 inhibitor, echinomycin, on growth and NOTCH signalling in leukaemia cells: S. Yonekura, et al.; Anticancer Res. 33, 3099 (2013)
- Echinomycin, a potential binder of FKBP12, shows minor effect on calcineurin activity: V. Singh, et al.; J. Biomol. Screen. 19, 1275 (2014)
- Effects of the hypoxia-inducible factor-1 inhibitor echinomycin on vascular endothelial growth factor production and apoptosis in human ectopic endometriotic stromal cells: T. Tsuzuki, et al.; Gynecol. Endocrinol. 32, 323 (2016)
- miRNA profile of neuroprotection mechanism of echinomycin in parkinson's disease: D. Kwon & H. Liew; Mol. Cell. Toxicol. 13, 229 (2017)
- Molecular and cellular toxicological profiling of DNA bis-intercalator, quinoxaline compounds: echinomycin as the versatile lead: Y.-S. Park, et al.; Mol. Cell. Toxicol. 14, 9 (2018)