Irisin Competitive ELISA Kit
|Synonyms||Fibronectin Type III Domain-containing Protein 5 (cleaved); Fibronectin Type III Repeat-containing Protein 2 (cleaved); FNDC5 (cleaved)|
|Application Set||Quantitative ELISA|
|Specificity||Detects human irisin. It should also work in mouse, rat and monkey biological samples. Does not cross-react with FNDC4, human adiponectin, human Nampt, human RBP4, human clusterin, human leptin, human vaspin, human GPX3, human resistin, human ACE2, human lipocalin-2, human ANGPTL3, human ANGPTL6, human DNER, human DLK1, human calreticulin, human IL-33, mouse Nampt, mouse clusterin, mouse vaspin or mouse resistin.|
1 x 96 wells
2 x 96 wells (Twin Plex)
|Range||0.001 - 5 μg/ml|
Cell Culture Supernatant
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||+4°C|
After standard reconstitution, prepare aliquots and store at -20°C.
Avoid freeze/thaw cycles.
Plate and reagents should reach room temperature before use.
|Use/Stability||12 months after the day of manufacturing. See expiry date on ELISA Kit box.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
Irisin is a recently described exercise-induced hormone secreted by skeletal muscle in mice and humans. Irisin activates beige fat cells (beige cells have a gene expression pattern distinct from either white or brown fat and are preferentially sensitive to the polypeptide hormone Irisin). Irisin is cleaved from the type I membrane protein FNDC5 and improves systemic metabolism by increasing energy expenditure. Circulating irisin levels were shown to be upregulated after acute exercise. Increase of irisin under conditions of obesity may indicate a physiological function to improve glucose tolerance.
- Oxytocin secretion is related to measures of energy homeostasis in young amenorrheic athletes: E.A. Lawson, et al.; J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 99, E881 (2014)
- Implication of Circulating Irisin Levels with Brown Adipose Tissue and Sarcopenia in Humans: H.Y. Choi, et al.; J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 99, 2778 (2014)
- Irisin levels are lower in young amenorrheic athletes compared with eumenorrheic athletes and non-athletes and are associated with bone density and strength estimates: V. Singhal, et al.; PLoS One 9, e100218 (2014)
- Circulating sclerostin and irisin are related and interact with gender to influence adiposity in adults with prediabetes: T. Klangjareonchai, et al.; Int. J. Endocrinol. 2014, ID261545 (2014)
- Irisin, a novel myokine is an independent predictor for sarcopenia and carotid atherosclerosis in dialysis patients: M.J. Lee, et al.; Atheroscler. 242, 476 (2015)
- Irisin levels in the progression of diabetes in sedentary women: I.D. Duran, et al.; Clin. Biochem. 48, 1268 (2015)
- The ratio of skeletal muscle mass to visceral fat area is a main determinant linking circulating irisin to metabolic phenotype: Y.C. Hwang, et al.; Cardiovasc. Diabetol. 15, 9 (2016)
- Chronic CNS oxytocin signaling preferentially induces fat loss in high-fat diet-fed rats by enhancing satiety responses and increasing lipid utilization: J.E. Blevins, et al.; Am. J. Physiol. 310, R640 (2016)
- Association of metabolic parameters and rs726344 in FNDC5 with serum irisin concentrations: T. Ebert, et al.; Int. J. Obes. 40, 260 (2016)
- FNDC5 expression and circulating irisin levels are modified by diet and hormonal conditions in hypothalamus, adipose tissue and muscle: B.M. Varela-Rodriguez, et al.; Sci. Reports 6, 29898 (2016)
- Eicosapentaenoic acid regulates brown adipose tissue metabolism in high-fat-fed mice and in clonal brown adipocytes: M. Pahlavanni, et al.; J. Nutr. Bioche. 39, 101 (2017)
- The myokine irisin is released in response to saturated atty acids and promotes pancreatic beta-cell survival and insulin secretion: A. Natalicchio, et al.; Diabetes 66, 2849 (2017)
- High irisin levels are associated with better glycemic control and bone health in children with Type 1 diabetes: M.F. Faienza, et al.; Diab. Res. Clin. Pract. 141, 10 (2018)