Betulinic acid (>97%)
AG-CN2-0417-M100100 mgCHF 80.00
AG-CN2-0417-M500500 mgCHF 240.00
AG-CN2-0417-G0011 gCHF 380.00
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from Platanus acerifolia bark.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥97% (HPLC)|
|Appearance||White to off-white solid.|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR and MS.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||+4°C|
|Handling Advice||Keep cool and dry.|
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at +4°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Anti-HIV compound .
- Anticancer compound .
- Apoptosis inducer .
- Modulator of NF-κB [3,4,8].
- Potent DNA topoisomerase II inhibitor .
- Potent proteasome activator .
- Antimalarial compound .
- Anti-AIDS agents, 11. Betulinic acid and platanic acid as anti-HIV principles from Syzigium claviflorum, and the anti-HIV activity of structurally related triterpenoids: T. Fujioka, et al.; J. Nat. Prod. 57, 243 (1994)
- Discovery of betulinic acid as a selective inhibitor of human melanoma that functions by induction of apoptosis: E. Pisha, et al.; Nat. Med. 1, 1046 (1995)
- Betulinic acid suppresses carcinogen-induced NF-kappa B activation through inhibition of I kappa B alpha kinase and p65 phosphorylation: abrogation of cyclooxygenase-2 and matrix metalloprotease-9: Y. Takada & B.B. Aggarwal: J. Immunol. 171, 3278 (2003)
- Betulinic acid as new activator of NF-kappaB: molecular mechanisms and implications for cancer therapy: H. Kasperczyk, et al.; Oncogene 24, 6945 (2005)
- Betulinic acid and its derivatives, potent DNA topoisomerase II inhibitors, from the bark of Bischofia javanica: S. Wada & R. Tanaka; Chem. Biodivers. 2, 689 (2005)
- Activation and inhibition of the proteasome by betulinic acid and its derivatives: L. Huang, et al.; FEBS Lett. 581, 4955 (2007)
- Antimalarial activity of betulinic acid and derivatives in vitro against Plasmodium falciparum and in vivo in P. berghei-infected mice: M.S. de Sa, et al.; Parasitol. Res. 105, 275 (2009)
- Betulinic acid, a natural compound with potent anticancer effects: F.B. Mullauer, et al.; Anticancer Drugs 21, 215 (2010)