AG-CN2-0515-C500500 µgCHF 240.00
AG-CN2-0515-M0011 mgCHF 410.00
AG-CN2-0515-M0055 mgCHF 1'640.00
|Synonyms||PHO-A; NSC 381839|
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from Phomopsis leptostromiformis.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥98% (HPLC, TLC)|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO (10mg/ml), ethanol, methanol (5mg/ml) or DMF.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
|Handling Advice||Keep cool and dry.|
|Use/Stability||Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20°C.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Macrocyclic heptapeptide mycotoxin.
- Potent anti-mitotic compound that can cause cell death.
- Microtubule assembly inhibitor. Binds selectively to dimeric tubulin, inhibiting the formation of the microtubule spindle to block cell division. Binds at a site different from the colchicine binding site and overlapping the vinblastine binding site. Inhibits tubulin-dependent GTP hydrolysis. Binds β-tubulin from higher organisms but not α-tubulin or fungal mycelial tubulin.
- Causes lupinosis (a degenerative disorder) in livestock fed infected lupins.
- Interaction of phomopsin A and related compounds with purified sheep brain tubulin: E. Lacey, et al.; Biochem. Pharmacol. 36, 2133 (1987)
- Effect of phomopsin A on the alkylation of tubulin: R.F. Luduena, et al.; Biochem. Pharmacol. 39, 1603 (1990)
- Dolastatin 10, a powerful cytostatic peptide derived from a marine animal. Inhibition of tubulin polymerization mediated through the vinca alkaloid binding domain: R. Bai, et al.; Biochem. Pharmacol. 39, 1941 (1990)
- Binding selectivity of rhizoxin, phomopsin A, vinblastine, and ansamitocin P-3 to fungal tubulins: differential interactions of these antimitotic agents with brain and fungal tubulins: Y. Li, et al.; BBRC 187, 722 (1992)
- Interaction of phomopsin A with porcine brain tubulin. Inhibition of tubulin polymerization and binding at a rhizoxin binding site: Y. Li, et al.; Biochem. Pharmacol. 43, 219 (1992)
- Natural products which interact with tubulin in the vinca domain: maytansine, rhizoxin, phomopsin A, dolastatins 10 and 15 and halichondrin B: E. Hamel; Pharmacol. Ther. 55, 31 (1992)
- Interaction of phomopsin A with normal and subtilisin-treated bovine brain tubulin: A.R. Chaudhuri & R.F. Luduena; J. Protein Chem. 16, 99 (1997)
- Localization of the antimitotic peptide and depsipeptide binding site on beta-tubulin: A. Mitra & D. Sept; Biochemistry 43, 13955 (2004)
- Structural insight into the inhibition of tubulin by vinca domain peptide ligands: A. Cormier, et al.; EMBO Rep. 9, 1101 (2008)