BVT-0028-M0011 mgCHF 170.00
BVT-0028-M0055 mgCHF 520.00
|Source/Host Chemicals||Isolated from Streptomyces bottropensis.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥98% (HPLC)|
|Appearance||White to off-white solid.|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO or methanol.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR.|
|Declaration||Manufactured by BioViotica.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C.
After reconstitution protect from light at -20°C.
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Antibiotic. Cytotoxic.
- Antitumor compound. Anti-melanoma drug lead compound. Effective in BRAF V600E mutation cell lines.
- Potently induces apoptosis in melanoma cells. Localizes to mitochondria, affects energy metabolism in mitochondria rapidly and activates caspase-3/7-dependent apoptotic pathways.
- Inhibits cell growth in a borad range of human cancer cell lines. Shows cell type specificity inducing strong cytostasis most effective in cancer types with low oxygen respiration ratios like melanomas.
- Towards a total synthesis of the new anticancer agent mensacarcin: synthesis of the carbocyclic core: L.F. Tietze, et al.; Chemistry 10, 5233 (2004)
- Cloning and heterologous expression of three type II pks gene clusters from Streptomyces bottropensis: X. Yan, et al.; ChemBioChem 13, 224 (2012)
- Insights into the Bioactivity of Mensacarcin and Epoxide Formation by MsnO8: S. Maier, et al.; ChemBioChem 15, 749 (2014)
- Functional Characterization of Different ORFs Including Luciferase-Like Monooxygenase Genes from the Mensacarcin Gene Cluster: S. Maier, et al.; ChemBioChem 16, 1175 (2015)
- The natural product mensacarcin induces mitochondrial toxicity and apoptosis in melanoma cells: B. Plitzko, et al.; J. Biol. Chem. 292, 21102 (2017)