70 CHF CHF 70.00
BVT-0478-M0011 mgCHF 70.00
BVT-0478-M0055 mgCHF 210.00
BVT-0478-M01010 mgCHF 370.00
|Source/Host Chemicals||Synthetic. Originally isolated from marine bacterium Serinicoccus sp. strain CNJ927.|
|Purity Chemicals||≥99% (HPLC)|
|Appearance||Yellow to orange solid.|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO (10mg/ml) or DMF (15mg/ml). Insoluble in water.|
|Identity||Determined by 1H-NMR and 13C-NMR.|
|Declaration||Manufactured by BioViotica.|
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||-20°C|
Protect from light.
Protect from light when in solution.
Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C.
Stock solutions are stable for at least 3 months when stored at -20°C.
|Product Specification Sheet|
- Seriniquinone is a potent cytotoxic and melanoma-selective anticancer agent. Upon cellular treatment and based on the compounds fluorescent nature it was found localized in the endoplasmic reticulum.
- Seriniquinone inhibits cell proliferation marked by autophagocytosis and induces cell death due to caspase-9 dependent apoptosis. Mode of action studies suggest that it specifically targets a skin protective antimicrobial peptide dermcidin (DCD), whose role as a cancer-protective protein has been recently recognized.
- Seriniquinone, a selective anticancer agent, induces cell death by autophagocytosis, targeting the cancer-protective protein dermcidin: L. Trzoss, et al.; PNAS 111, 14687 (2014)
- Mass spectrometry analysis of protonated marine natural product seriniquinone: R.M. da Silva, et al.; J. Braz. Chem. Soc. 29, 1162 (2018)
- Advance of Seriniquinone Analogues as Melanoma Agents: J.C. Hammons, et al.; ACS Med. Chem. Lett. 10, 186 (2019)