SARS-CoV-2 Inhibitor Screening Kit
|Synonyms||COVID-19 Inhibitor Screening Kit; 2019-nCoV Inhibitor Screening Kit; 2019-nCoV Spike Protein S1 (RBD)/ACE2 Inhibitor Screening Kit|
|Application Set||Compound Screening|
To screen compounds that inhibit the binding of the viral protein SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein (RBD) to its human receptor ACE2.
Contains sufficient materials for 96 reactions
1 vial ACE2 (human) (rec.) (Biotin) (lyophilized) ----- 10 µg
1 vial SARS-CoV-2 Spike S (RBD):Fc (h) (rec.) (lyophilized) ----- 10 µg
1 vial HRP Labeled Streptavidin (lyophilized) ----- 2 µg
1 vial ACE2 (h), mAb (blocking) (AC384) ----- 20 µl
1 vial anti-human IgG (HRP) ----- 120 µl
1 MaxiSorp™flat-bottom 96 well plate ----- 6x16-well strips
2 bottles Wash Buffer 10x ----- 2 x 30 ml
1 bottle ELISA Buffer 10x ----- 30 ml
1 bottle Blocking Buffer ----- 24 ml
1 bottle TMB K-Blue Aqueous ----- 12 ml
1 bottle Stop Solution ----- 12 ml
2 silica gel minibags
2 plate sealers (plastic film)
|Shipping and Handling|
|Short Term Storage||+4°C|
|Long Term Storage||+4°C|
After standard reconstitution, prepare aliquots and store at -20°C.
Avoid freeze/thaw cycles.
Plate and reagents should reach room temperature before use.
|Use/Stability||12 months after the day of manufacturing. See expiry date on ELISA Kit box.|
|Product Specification Sheet|
Coronaviruses (CoVs) are enveloped non-segmented positive-sense single-stranded RNA viruses and can infect respiratory, gastrointestinal, hepatic and central nervous system of human and many other wild animals. Recently, a new severe acute respiratory syndrome β-coronavirus called SARS-CoV-2 (or 2019-nCoV) has emerged, which causes an epidemic of acute respiratory syndrome (called coronavirus human disease 2019 or COVID-19).
SARS-CoV-2 contains 4 structural proteins, including Envelope (E), Membrane (M), Nucleocapsid (N) and Spike (S), which is a transmembrane protein, composed of two subunits S1 and S2. The S1 subunit contains a receptor binding domain (RBD), which binds to the cell surface receptor Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme 2 (ACE2) present at the surface of epithelial cells, causing mainly infection of human respiratory cells.
The SARS-CoV-2 Inhibitor Screening Kit contains key reagents required to facilitate identification of SARS-CoV-2 inhibitors. This inhibitor screen is based on a colorimetric ELISA kit, which measures the binding of the RBD of the Spike S protein from SARS-CoV-2 to its human receptor ACE2. This assay allows to identify and characterize the effect of different inhibitory molecules including antibodies or chemicals on the prevention of binding of SARS-CoV-2 virus to any ACE2-expressing cells.
- Gold Metallodrugs to Target Coronavirus Proteins: Inhibitory Effects on the Spike‐ACE2 Interaction and on PLpro Protease Activity by Auranofin and Gold Organometallics: M. Gil-Moles, et al.; Chem. Eur. J. 26, 15140 (2020)
- Pomegranate Peel Extract as an Inhibitor of SARS-CoV-2 Spike Binding to Human ACE2 Receptor (in vitro): A Promising Source of Novel Antiviral Drugs: A. Tito, et al.; Front. Chem. 9, 638187 (2021)
- Metallodrug Profiling against SARS‐CoV‐2 Target Proteins Identifies Highly Potent Inhibitors of the S/ACE2 interaction and the Papain‐like Protease PLpro: M. Gil-Moles, et al.; Chemistry 27, 17928 (2021)
- Pomegranate Pomace Extract with Antioxidant, Anticancer, Antimicrobial, and Antiviral Activity Enhances the Quality of Strawberry-Yogurt Smoothie: N.H. Alsubhi, et al.; Bioengineering 9, 735 (2022)
- In Vitro Screening and MD Simulations of Thiourea Derivatives against SARS-CoV‑2 in Association with Multidrug Resistance ABCB1 Transporter: M. Assad, et al.; ACS Omega ahead of print (2022)